Aytahn Benavi in 2020 Augustine Guitar competition
2020-04-25 21:44:46 UTC
Watched from Facebook he played La Joia from Colectiti Itim by Vincente Asencio. The young man is absolutely stunning with his very mature playing. Can’t help but have smile on my face watching him growing artistically. Watch out for this guy!
v***@protonmail.com
2020-04-25 23:09:35 UTC
The name is new to me- I will check him out. Xavier Jara seems like a comer, as well.
John Nguyen
2020-04-25 23:46:46 UTC
The name is new to me- I will check him out. Xavier Jara > seems like a comer, as well.
Xavier Jara won the GFA a few years back. His playing is very lyrical. Very young, but very level-headed individual, at least that’s my first impression after meeting him. He studied in France with Judicaël Perroy. Now he’s at SF Conservatory studying with Perroy again. He’s the one to watch as well.
v***@protonmail.com
2020-04-26 00:05:43 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
The name is new to me- I will check him out. Xavier Jara > seems like a comer, as well.
Xavier Jara won the GFA a few years back. His playing is very lyrical. Very young, but very level-headed individual, at least that’s my first impression after meeting him. He studied in France with Judicaël Perroy. Now he’s at SF Conservatory studying with Perroy again. He’s the one to watch as well.
+1 Jara's Naxos/GFA CD is very , very good.

C.
tom g
2020-04-25 23:49:26 UTC
The Ex-Aequo Competion is a real pick-a-winner-fest with a high standard, but I think Aytahn already stands out.
John Nguyen
2020-04-28 21:18:01 UTC
Aytahn is qualified for the final round on May 1st. I’m looking forward to view the final, hopefully on live-streaming.
John Nguyen
2020-05-02 00:19:48 UTC
Aytahn is one of the top four!! They don’t rank them, and all four have equal awards in cash. This guy is going far, considering he’s not even starting college. I think he will be a freshman in this coming September.