La Catedral editions
Add Reply
cd
2020-07-06 22:42:38 UTC
Hi,

It's been a long time since I have participated here. I am currently studying "La Catedral" by Agustin Barrios, using Richard Stover's edition (Alfred Publishing, 1979). I have noticed some differences between this edition and the recording by Ana Vidovic, particularly in the Allegro. Is there an updated edition of La Catedral?

Thanks,
Carlos
tom g
2020-07-07 00:56:47 UTC
Post by cd
Hi,
It's been a long time since I have participated here. I am currently studying "La Catedral" by Agustin Barrios, using Richard Stover's edition (Alfred Publishing, 1979). I have noticed some differences between this edition and the recording by Ana Vidovic, particularly in the Allegro. Is there an updated edition of La Catedral?
Thanks,
Carlos
The latest edition is from Frederick Sheppard. I haven't seen it yet but I am already optimistic. 'La Catedral' is in Volume 4, published by Les Productions d'Oz.

Maybe Ana Vidovic used one of the earlier editions published by Belwin Mills, Zenon and others or made her own version from the many different editions, which is not unusual.
John Nguyen
2020-07-07 05:04:57 UTC
I believe she uses the edition by Chris Dumigan. It's in volume 1, page 18. Dumigan transcribed from original Barrios' recording into 7 volumes of Barrios music.

John
a***@gmail.com
2020-07-17 00:39:35 UTC
Post by cd
Hi,
It's been a long time since I have participated here. I am currently studying "La Catedral" by Agustin Barrios, using Richard Stover's edition (Alfred Publishing, 1979). I have noticed some differences between this edition and the recording by Ana Vidovic, particularly in the Allegro. Is there an updated edition of La Catedral?
Thanks,
Carlos
Check out the recording of the piece from barrios himself.