Archive of old CG sheet music
Roger Thurman
2020-02-20 19:42:55 UTC
Greetings:

I have an archive of CG music dating from the mid 19th century until the early 20th. It should be kept in a secure library archive for research and historical purposes.

Cataloging and analysis could be incorporated into a Masters of Music thesis.

Please put me in contact with someone interested in preserving this music.

Roger Thurman
(330) 673-4054
***@aol.com
Steven Bornfeld
2020-02-20 20:42:51 UTC
Post by Roger Thurman
I have an archive of CG music dating from the mid 19th century until the early 20th. It should be kept in a secure library archive for research and historical purposes.
Cataloging and analysis could be incorporated into a Masters of Music thesis.
Please put me in contact with someone interested in preserving this music.
Roger Thurman
(330) 673-4054
Hi Roger--

Back in the day, I would have said MO; now that he's gone, I'd probably
say contact some of the people with academic affiliations--Thomas Heck,
Stanley Yates. Mark Delpriora. Or you could query the Guitar Foundation--

https://www.guitarfoundation.org/page/ContactUs

Steve
Dan Mozell
2020-02-22 13:28:25 UTC
Middle Tennessee University in Murfreesboro, TN has a Library called "The Center for Popular Music." Despite the name, it's a scholars library and inludes 19th century guitar music. A friend of mine used to be the Director but is now retired. That would be one possible location.
Roger Thurman
2020-02-22 13:31:46 UTC
Thanks for the tip.
John
2020-02-22 18:53:44 UTC
The US Library of Congress has a historical sheet music collection, which they've digitized and made free on the web. They would probably be interested in this.

John R.