Anyone know the name of this piece??
2021-08-08 19:39:39 UTC
https://www.facebook.com/1590087034/videos/346487080529380/

I'm pretty sure I heard this one before, but now I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe old age??
Cheers!

2021-08-08 21:03:30 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
https://www.facebook.com/1590087034/videos/346487080529380/
I'm pretty sure I heard this one before, but now I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe old age??
Cheers!
John
It sounds very Sor-ish. That's apparently Cinzia's husband, Christian
Saggese--why don't you ask him--he's on FB too.
Be well!

2021-08-08 22:04:35 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
https://www.facebook.com/1590087034/videos/346487080529380/
I'm pretty sure I heard this one before, but now I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe old age??
Cheers!
John
It sounds very Sor-ish. That's apparently Cinzia's husband, Christian
Saggese--why don't you ask him--he's on FB too.
Be well!
Steve
Hi Steve,

I hope is is well with you. Yeah, I dug through Sor's and Coste's with no success so far. I asked him on FB as well, but there is no response as of yet.
Cheers!

2021-08-09 02:39:07 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
Post by John Nguyen
https://www.facebook.com/1590087034/videos/346487080529380/
I'm pretty sure I heard this one before, but now I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe old age??
Cheers!
John
It sounds very Sor-ish. That's apparently Cinzia's husband, Christian
Saggese--why don't you ask him--he's on FB too.
Be well!
Steve
Hi Steve,
I hope is is well with you. Yeah, I dug through Sor's and Coste's with no success so far. I asked him on FB as well, but there is no response as of yet.
Cheers!
John
Now I'm curious--tell us if you find out!

It is the Studio n. 31, tema con variazioni, Omaggio a Fernando Sor by Angelo Gilardino, a former RMCG frequent and valuable contributor. Beautiful piece of work!!!!
Steven Bornfeld
2021-08-09 17:05:24 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by John Nguyen
Post by John Nguyen
[...]
Great--thanks! Turns out it is in Cristiano Porqueddu's recording
"Transcendentia"--I probably even have the music. One more piece of
beautiful music for me to murder!