No, Ed, I'm not buying a guitar on ebay...
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
2003-11-04 18:50:20 UTC
...I just thought this was real purty:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2570387199&category=2385

Has anyone heard of Erickson?

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Edward Bridge
2003-11-04 20:23:49 UTC
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2570387199&category=2385
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Has anyone heard of Erickson?
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Hey Steve

Pam's purty too but. . . what does her insides look like? ha ha ..I hope
Mr.Erickson is a fine maker . I have your guitars here you just have to come
play them once :>)
It was great to meet your family the other day . THANK YOU BRO :>)
I sold the guitar I used Sunday. .I'm happy and Bummed.

Peace
Ed Bridge
www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com
Steven Bornfeld
2003-11-05 04:13:53 UTC
Post by Edward Bridge
Pam's purty too but. . . what does her insides look like? ha ha ..I hope
Mr.Erickson is a fine maker . I have your guitars here you just have to come
play them once :>)
It was great to meet your family the other day . THANK YOU BRO :>)
I sold the guitar I used Sunday. .I'm happy and Bummed.
Peace
Ed Bridge
www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com
Who's Pam? If I knew what her insides looked like, would I talk about
it on a public forum?

Steve
Edward Bridge
2003-11-05 12:42:09 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by Edward Bridge
Pam's purty too but. . . what does her insides look like? ha ha ..I hope
Mr.Erickson is a fine maker . I have your guitars here you just have to come
play them once :>)
It was great to meet your family the other day . THANK YOU BRO :>)
I sold the guitar I used Sunday. .I'm happy and Bummed.
Ed Bridge
www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com
Who's Pam? If I knew what her insides looked like, would I talk about
it on a public forum?
Steve
Hey Steve
Pamela Anderson the person with all the Plastic Surgery :>)

Steven Bornfeld
2003-11-05 14:06:27 UTC
Post by Edward Bridge
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by Edward Bridge
play them once :>)
It was great to meet your family the other day . THANK YOU BRO :>)
I sold the guitar I used Sunday. .I'm happy and Bummed.
Ed Bridge
www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com
Who's Pam? If I knew what her insides looked like, would I talk about
it on a public forum?
Steve
Hey Steve
Pamela Anderson the person with all the Plastic Surgery :>)
Oh, THAT Pam! I've actually never heard her described as ...purty!

Steve
Edward Bridge
2003-11-05 15:02:42 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Oh, THAT Pam! I've actually never heard her described as ...purty!
Steve
Well .. . . I have a client/friend who has an old guitar , I forget the
maker because he has them all, and said " Ed, I call this guitar my Pamela
Anderson guitar" and I said "why's that Jim" and Jim said with his Dallas
accent "because she's purty on the outside and a mess on the inside". .

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
2003-11-05 15:38:29 UTC
Post by Edward Bridge
Well .. . . I have a client/friend who has an old guitar , I forget the
maker because he has them all, and said " Ed, I call this guitar my Pamela
Anderson guitar" and I said "why's that Jim" and Jim said with his Dallas
accent "because she's purty on the outside and a mess on the inside". .
That's quite an image. I had imagined some, um, postural problems playing a
Pamela Anderson guitar.
Last night heard some of Paul Galbraith's playing on WNYC. Perhaps a Pamela
Anderson guitar could be used in the kind of position Galbraith uses.

Steve
--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Edward Bridge
2003-11-05 16:31:53 UTC
Post by Edward Bridge
Well .. . . I have a client/friend who has an old guitar , I forget the
maker because he has them all, and said " Ed, I call this guitar my Pamela
Anderson guitar" and I said "why's that Jim" and Jim said with his Dallas
accent "because she's purty on the outside and a mess on the inside". .
That's quite an image. I had imagined some, um, postural problems playing a
Pamela Anderson guitar.
Last night heard some of Paul Galbraith's playing on WNYC. Perhaps a Pamela
Anderson guitar could be used in the kind of position Galbraith uses.
Steve
Maybe:>) . . Paul Galbraith on WNYC. I like his Bach CD's . Is he playing
is New York ? I would like to see him. I just got two eight strings (
D.Traphagens) and would like to hear a concert on a eight string guitar. I
can't afford the Plaza Hotel while Andrew playing

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
2003-11-05 16:37:51 UTC
Post by Edward Bridge
Maybe:>) . . Paul Galbraith on WNYC. I like his Bach CD's . Is he playing
is New York ? I would like to see him. I just got two eight strings (
D.Traphagens) and would like to hear a concert on a eight string guitar. I
can't afford the Plaza Hotel while Andrew playing
Peace
Ed Bridge
www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com
His website lists him as appearing at the Metropolitan Museum next April
Fool's Day.
http://www.paul-galbraith.com/paulmain.html

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Edward Bridge
2003-11-05 18:35:51 UTC
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
His website lists him as appearing at the Metropolitan Museum next April
Fool's Day.
http://www.paul-galbraith.com/paulmain.html
Steve
Sounds like a date for us to bring our wifes too. . just no joke about
(.)(.) guitars :>) Kirsti hits hard!

Peace
Ed
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
2003-11-05 21:17:37 UTC
Post by Edward Bridge
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
His website lists him as appearing at the Metropolitan Museum next
April
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Fool's Day.
http://www.paul-galbraith.com/paulmain.html
Steve
Sounds like a date for us to bring our wifes too. . just no joke about
(.)(.) guitars :>) Kirsti hits hard!
Peace
Ed
Sure thing. I'm still negotiating Jason Vieaux though.
I figured Kirsti was lots tougher than she looks.

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Edward Bridge
Ed
John Wasak
2003-11-05 20:14:20 UTC
Post by Edward Bridge
Maybe:>) . . Paul Galbraith on WNYC. I like his Bach CD's . Is he playing
is New York ? I would like to see him. I just got two eight strings (
D.Traphagens) and would like to hear a concert on a eight string guitar. I
can't afford the Plaza Hotel while Andrew playing
Peace
Ed Bridge
www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com
His website lists him as appearing at the Metropolitan Museum next April
Fool's Day.
http://www.paul-galbraith.com/paulmain.html
Steve
If you like the Galbraith Bach CD's, according to my Concerts & Lectures
brochure from the Met, Bach is all Galbraith's playing at that recital. The
program is listed as: 'Transcriptions of the Cello Suite No.3, BWV 1009, No.
5, BWV 1011; French Suite No. 2; Partita For Violin No. 3, BWV 1006; Lute
Suite No.4 in E Major, BWV 1006a.' The location is the Velez Blanco Patio
and the single ticket price is $55. (That's the same location and ticket
price they had for Parkening last year.)

Also, at the Met on April 03, 2004, will be something called "The Assads :
Music of Brazil" And they don't mean only Sergio and Odair!... Here's the
lineup:
Sergio Assad -guitar
Odair Assad - guitar
Rodrigo Assad - guitar
Ica Assad- voice
Jorge Assad - mandolin
Badi Assad - vocals & guitar
Clarice Assad - piano & vocals
Carolina assad - vocals

Location is at theTemple of Dendur. Single ticket price: $55.

jw

jw
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
2003-11-05 21:21:20 UTC
Post by Edward Bridge
[...]
I'm a bit embarassed to say I've never been to a performance at the
Metropolitan. That's a pretty healthy ticket price, though.
I've been hearing more about Badi--you may have seen Don Witter's plaintive
post over on the Yahoo list. I figure you've probably heard her--should Don be
so upset?

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
http://www.dentaltwins.com
John Wasak
2003-11-05 22:11:52 UTC
Post by Edward Bridge
[...]
Well, no need to be, I think. I saw one years ago at the Temple of Dendur -
Kathleen Battle accompanied by a pianist. The Met's thing here is music in
a certain millieu - one they seem to believe carries a certain cultural
cachet. I suppose to a degree that's true, there is something appealing
about listening to good music in interesting spaces surrounded by great Art.
Something like The Temple of Dendur in the Sackler Wing is an impressive
space. I suppose they also believe the combination of cultural cachet and
unique architctural space allows them to charge relatively high prices.

The one concert at the Met I was interested in but missed was Ivo
Pogorelich.
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
I've been hearing more about Badi--you may have seen Don Witter's plaintive
post over on the Yahoo list. I figure you've probably heard her--should Don be
so upset?
Steve
I can't say too much about Badi Assad. I probably last heard her about a
decade ago when she first appeared. She can play the guitar alright, but I
wasn't really drawn to the vocals or what she was doing. As for what she
sound like today, I couldn't speak to that at all. I suppose Don could be
upset if that's how he feels. Actually, as far as "shoulds" go, I think Don
Witter should post his thoughts to this NG. I think he'd reach a wider
audience and possibly some dialogue if that's what he's looking for. Of
course, he'd also find a few things that he doesn't find on a monitored
list. Maybe it's those few other things that keep him away from RMCG.

jw
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Richard Spross
2003-11-06 02:07:36 UTC
Post by John Wasak
I can't say too much about Badi Assad. I probably last heard her about a
decade ago when she first appeared. She can play the guitar alright, but I
wasn't really drawn to the vocals or what she was doing. As for what she
sound like today, I couldn't speak to that at all.
jw
I heard her about six years ago or so when she was showcased by her
brothers in a "San Francisco Performances" presentation at Herbst theater.
Amazing performer with an amazing ability to simultaneously, dance,
play countless Brazilian percussion instruments, play the guitar and sing.

You will have to see her to believe it.
However in the venue promoted above, I think she will have lots of back up.

She is an act John E. Golden shouldn't miss.

Richard Spross
Matanya Ophee
2003-11-06 03:49:12 UTC
Post by Richard Spross
You will have to see her to believe it.
However in the venue promoted above, I think she will have lots of back up.
She is an act John E. Golden shouldn't miss.
Yea, but with an act like this he is going to have to cheat on
Filomena...

Matanya Ophee
Editions Orphe'e, Inc.,
1240 Clubview Blvd. N.
Columbus, OH 43235-1226
614-846-9517
fax: 614-846-9794
http://www.orphee.com
http://www.orphee.com/rmcg/album-rmcg/album.html
http://www.savageclassical.com/rmcg/album-rmcg/album.html
Richard Spross

Richard
John E. Golden
2003-11-06 06:33:35 UTC
Post by Matanya Ophee
Yea, but with an act like this he is going to have to cheat on
Filomena...
Filomena and I have a platonic relationship......unfortunately.

Regards,
John E. Golden
John E. Golden
2003-11-06 06:27:37 UTC
Post by John Wasak
I heard her about six years ago or so when she was showcased by her
brothers in a "San Francisco Performances" presentation at Herbst
theater. Amazing performer with an amazing ability to simultaneously,
dance, play countless Brazilian percussion instruments, play the
guitar and sing.
You will have to see her to believe it.
However in the venue promoted above, I think she will have lots of back up.
She is an act John E. Golden shouldn't miss.
If she ever comes to the "Motor City," I'll be there.

Regards,
John E. Golden
John E. Golden
2003-11-06 06:38:47 UTC
Post by John Wasak
[...]
Is that like the "Temple of Doom?"

$55!! I saw Vladimir Horowitz for only $15......Of course, he appeared all
by himself.

Regards,
John E. Golden
Tony Morris
2003-11-06 14:20:28 UTC
Post by John Wasak
Also, at the Met on April 03, 2004, will be something called "The
Assads : Music of Brazil" And they don't mean only Sergio and
Sergio Assad -guitar
Odair Assad - guitar
Rodrigo Assad - guitar
Ica Assad- voice
Jorge Assad - mandolin
Badi Assad - vocals & guitar
Clarice Assad - piano & vocals
Carolina assad - vocals
Location is at the Temple of Dendur. Single ticket price: $55.
Jorge and Ica are Sergio's & Odair's mom & dad. Rodrigo & Clarice are
Sergio's kids. (Not "kids" exactly, Clarice is in college, finishing
her Master's in composition.) The whole family is touring with this
program. They are even bringing a sofa out onstage, so it will be like
the family jam sessions back home in Sao Paolo. I'm planning a NY
visit around this time, just to see this concert, and also to tape a
lot of interviews while I am there with a bunch of people in the NY
guitar scene.

I [heart]NY!

Tony

Tony Morris, producer/host
Classical Guitar Alive! *
KMFA-FM/ Capitol Broadcasting Association
3001 North Lamar Blvd., Suite 100
Austin, TX 78705

(512) 476-5632 phone
(512) 474-7463 fax
(512) 785-4965 cell

E-mail: ***@kmfa.org
web-site: http://www.guitaralive.org
* Now in its 7th year of national distribution
* Broadcast in 220+ cities across America
*Coming to Euroradio in Spring 2004
*Coming to PBS television Fall 2004
Photos from our performance at the White House:
http://worldguitarist.com/morris_whitehouse.html
John Wasak
2003-11-06 18:17:19 UTC
Post by John E. Golden
Post by John Wasak
[...]
A little bit. Though the space Dendur sits in is large with high soaring
slanted panes of windows facing Central Park to the right of this picture
(which you don't see in this shot):

http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/view1.asp?dep=10&full=0&item=68%2E154
Post by John E. Golden
$55!! I saw Vladimir Horowitz for only $15......Of course, he appeared all
by himself.
Regards,
John E. Golden
Well, John E., it seems that in comparison you overpaid for
Horowitz....Eight Assad's @ $55. = $6.88 per individual Assad. A genuine
bargain!

Now, how to explain the solo Parkening and Galbraith $55.?...

jw
Edward Bridge
2003-11-06 19:27:41 UTC
Post by John Wasak
Now, how to explain the solo Parkening and Galbraith $55.?...
jw
Or at the Met Museum " Parkening" concert there once they sat people on the
stage. . .at my bud's friends got yell at for wiggling his right leg (
nervous type) on stage during the concert Parkening was giving years ago

OT:My wife and I like concerts at Weill Hall to bad I did'nt know about
Pablo Sainz Villegas until today . . Seeing Jason on the eighth .. . . Weill
Hall is right next to the "R" train and our house is next to the "R" so it's
sweet deal.

Ed
John Wasak
2003-11-06 19:59:54 UTC
Post by Edward Bridge
Post by John Wasak
Now, how to explain the solo Parkening and Galbraith $55.?...
jw
Or at the Met Museum " Parkening" concert there once they sat people on the
stage. . .at my bud's friends got yell at for wiggling his right leg (
nervous type) on stage during the concert Parkening was giving years ago
Yelled at by whom? Parkening?...
Post by Edward Bridge
OT:My wife and I like concerts at Weill Hall to bad I did'nt know about
Pablo Sainz Villegas until today . . Seeing Jason on the eighth .. . . Weill
Hall is right next to the "R" train and our house is next to the "R" so it's
sweet deal.
Hard to beat convenience! ;-)

jw
Ed
Edward Bridge
2003-11-06 21:33:40 UTC
Post by John Wasak
Yelled at by whom? Parkening?...
No. . By someone during intermission. . I asked him if he enjoyed the
concert and he said "yea ,good concert .I was glad to be there and they
didn't have to sell extra seats on stage for us who didn't have tickets and
the Met did me a favor"

I know if I paid 55 kissers to see C.P. and had to look at New Yorkers on
stage I would be . .not happy.. .