Paterick Sise playing Bach
Tashi
2009-08-14 15:09:31 UTC
Patrick visited Santa Fe, in particular my adobe ( mud house) to
acquire a guitar, and I asked if he would play something for video.
He hadn't played guitar since his Junior recital, but very graciously
accommodated my request.

The first video is of the guitar Gregoey Luepp got, a 640 Brazlian/
spruce ( 3 days old) and was recorded with a Sony PCN D50 about three,
or four feet away ( thanks go out to Hesham for the suggestion).

Second video is Patrick playing a new cedar guitar just hours old,
and at such a young age displaying signs of a pure genius, and great
promise, strung with J-45's. I've made double tops, but all of my
traditional guitars are louder than any double top I've played or
heard. This cedar guitar was made for a women in Amsterdam who days
before I was to send it, cancelled her order for personal reasons.

I'm going to do my usual Youtube video and take applications for
ownership, I really like have a free guitar around once and a while,
to sell to whom I choose in the spirit of spontaneity, when causes and
conditions come together to create an auspicious circumstance for
all.

Both guitars are Certified CARBON FREE, and organic. You could
actually eat them and nothing bad would happen to you.

BTW, Patrick has a (1995 I think?) Damman for sale I will post it
on my website soon under "guitars available now section", after he
sends some photos.
Dicerous
2009-08-14 21:09:29 UTC
or four feet away ( thanks go out to Hesham for the http://youtu.be/p3Dv5m2yg-4
http://youtu.be/UTp9vo8wQ0o
  Both guitars are Certified CARBON FREE, and organic. You could
actually eat them and nothing bad would happen to you.
  BTW, Patrick has a (1995 I think?)  Damman for sale I will post it
on my website soon under "guitars available now section", after he
sends some photos.
He looks gay.

David
Tashi
2009-08-14 21:36:36 UTC
Post by Dicerous
Post by Tashi
[...]
He's not. Patrick has a very nice Asian girlfriend. All those nice
sounding guitars, excellent playing, and that all you have to say?
Get a life you poor pathetic rump ranger.
Dicerous
2009-08-14 22:01:54 UTC
Post by Dicerous
Post by Tashi
[...]
I had a nice asian gf in college too....

She's head of the ob/gyn dept at wake forest university hospital.
Look at me....:(

David
John Nguyen
2009-08-15 03:33:15 UTC
Post by Dicerous
I had a nice asian gf in college too....
She's head of the ob/gyn dept at wake forest university hospital.
Look at me....:(
David-
My guess is that she must have practiced her ob/gyn skills on you a
lot!! =)
Tommy Grand
2009-08-15 03:38:12 UTC
John what beer are you up to?
John Nguyen
2009-08-15 03:47:48 UTC
Moving on to Molson now =)
Dicerous
2009-08-14 22:03:52 UTC
Post by Dicerous
Post by Tashi
[...]
Well,

Superficially speaking, he sounded very *cautious*. All the looking
at the hands etc. He needs to cheer up and PLAY!

Davod
Tashi
2009-08-15 03:49:13 UTC
Post by Dicerous
Post by Tashi
[...]
Like I said, Patrick hadn't touched the guitar for a couple of
months. BTW, he bought my old Dresden. He is the only other human
I've met who can get around well on 13 strings.

Here is a video of him giving his student recital at Peabody......

Dicerous
2009-08-15 11:12:16 UTC
Post by Tashi
Post by Dicerous
Post by Tashi
[...]
  Here is a video of him giving his student recital at http://youtu.be/xggw8s2nkPc
I mention *cautiousness* because I think it shows a anxiety-filled
type of distraction that many teachers don't even try to deal with:
The fear of making a mistake. I haven't heard a *perfect* concert by
anyone (except maybe in the player's heads). This kind of anxiety
really undermines the musical enterprise and is a total waste of
energy. I often hear comments after a little kid goes up on stage and
rips through something; the comments are often something like *isn't
it great how kids have no fear! They just jump right up on
stage...etc* Instead of examing why it's more *adult* to be fearful,
they just go on their merry way.

David
h kiesel
2009-08-15 14:04:16 UTC
The idea of "projection" in psychiatry would suggest that we become more
anxious about making mistakes because we, ourselves, are critical of others
for doing so - that is, we assume they are as critical as we are.

Just suggesting - don't know.

I become very anxious playing in front of anyone but my teacher which I
guess says something about me.

hk