Introducing: the Edson Lopes Quartet!!!
2020-10-04 17:17:11 UTC
This is excellent!

Steve
Gary Dufresne
2020-10-04 19:02:58 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
This is excellent!
I agree, that was just a blast! Thanks for the link Steve!
Andrew Schulman
2020-10-04 20:59:11 UTC
That was really great!!!
Ken Blake
2020-10-05 14:05:10 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
This is excellent!
I agree, that was just a blast! Thanks for the link Steve!
That was really great!!!
I also agree, with only one minor complaint:

I would have liked it better if, instead of using the same guitar, each
"Edson Lopes" used a guitar that sounded very different.
Ken
dsi1
2020-10-07 19:31:59 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
This is excellent!
http://youtu.be/Fwdd7TJHz2o
Steve
I sure wish I enjoyed playing the guitar as much as Senhor Lopes. The music reminds me of ants scurrying about. That's not a bad thing - I like ants. 🐜
John
2020-10-08 04:11:10 UTC
Nice.

John R.
JMF
2020-10-08 09:34:02 UTC
Post by dsi1
Post by Steven Bornfeld
This is excellent!
http://youtu.be/Fwdd7TJHz2o
Steve
I sure wish I enjoyed playing the guitar as much as Senhor Lopes. The music reminds me of ants scurrying about. That's not a bad thing - I like ants. 🐜
Ants versus mice: In "Switched On Bach" they did the Brandenburg 3rd
with the synthesizer. It always reminded my wife of mice scurrying about.
dsi1
2020-10-08 19:22:30 UTC
JPD
2020-10-09 01:48:28 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
This is excellent!
http://youtu.be/Fwdd7TJHz2o
Steve
Good stuff. Here's an interview with him. YouTube translates if you hit the CC button. I especially like what he says about the beauty of sound that comes from the wood of a traditional guitar (vs carbon, double tops, whatever).

tom g
2020-10-09 19:41:18 UTC
http://youtu.be/vypV3DspBGI
I can reassure Edson Lopes that he does not sound like John Williams but yes, there is some influence in the clarity of his playing. He plays (mostly) a beautiful copy of an Enrique García guitar made by the Italian constructor Andrea Tacchi - nothing more traditional than that. (García was famous for the asymmetrical design of the supports inside the guitar.)
John Nguyen
2020-12-13 19:57:18 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
This is excellent!