Meaning of Cediendo
Niall Gormley
2004-04-01 18:18:08 UTC
Hi

Does anyone know the meaning of the performance direction "Cediendo" which
appears several times throughout the Segovia transcription of 'Variations on
a theme by Frescobaldi?
Richard White
2004-04-01 22:05:48 UTC
Post by Niall Gormley
Hi
Does anyone know the meaning of the performance direction "Cediendo" which
appears several times throughout the Segovia transcription of 'Variations on
a theme by Frescobaldi?
Don't know the piece, but cediendo means _relaxing_ in Spanish. . .

. . . at least this seems logical to me. :-)

Richard White
--
Visit me at: http://www.whitcopress.com
Newly Updated With Many Sample Scores and Sound Files (Mp3)
'A Merry Little Christmas' - Elektra #62572-2/4
David Raleigh Arnold
2004-04-02 15:39:54 UTC
Post by Niall Gormley
Hi
Does anyone know the meaning of the performance direction "Cediendo" which
appears several times throughout the Segovia transcription of 'Variations
on a theme by Frescobaldi?
Cediendo un poco is "give a little". daveA
--
Paying more at the gas pump? Bush's Oil Sheikh Buddies, who support Al
Qaeda, Palestinian terrorists, & hate-U.S. school systems everywhere,
D. Raleigh Arnold dra@ (http://www.) openguitar.com ***@cox.net
Himmelhoch
2004-04-03 19:29:34 UTC
It comes from the same Latin root as "cede" which means to give in or yield.

SH
m***@gmail.com
2020-07-22 01:43:04 UTC
Thank you from the future! I saw this term in the andante of Torroba’s sonatina and your brief conversation was the best translation.