Debussy's take on rmcg
Alain Reiher
2008-08-30 17:44:46 UTC
« Être supérieur aux autres n'a jamais représenté un grand effort si l'on
n'y joint pas le beau désir d'être supérieur à soi-même. »
Andrew Schulman
2008-08-30 17:48:08 UTC
Post by Alain Reiher
« Être supérieur aux autres n'a jamais représenté un grand effort si l'on
n'y joint pas le beau désir d'être supérieur à soi-même. »
I love the Google translator:

"To be higher than different never represented a main effort if one
joined there not the beautiful desire to be higher than oneself."

So I guess it's something about getting high?

Andrew
e***@yahoo.com
2008-08-30 17:59:04 UTC
Post by Alain Reiher
n'y joint pas le beau désir d'être supérieur à soi-même. »
"To be higher than different never represented a main effort if one
joined there not the beautiful desire to be higher than oneself."
So I guess it's something about getting high?
Andrew
From http://ets.freetranslation.com/

"Be superior to the others never represented a big effort if one does
not there join the beautiful desire to be
superior to oneself."

Literal translations add more meaning to foreign language at times.
Alain Reiher
2008-08-30 19:32:19 UTC
From http://ets.freetranslation.com/

"Be superior to the others never represented a big effort if one does
not there join the beautiful desire to be
superior to oneself."

Literal translations add more meaning to foreign language at times.
================================

Now that's a good translation program!
Good Job ed, that's exactly it.

Alain
m***@gmail.com
2008-08-30 18:17:20 UTC
Post by Alain Reiher
« Être supérieur aux autres n'a jamais représenté un grand effort si l'on
n'y joint pas le beau désir d'être supérieur à soi-même. »
Now reverse the subject line and see what happens:

RMCG takes on Debussy....

for example:

http://www.editionsorphee.com/chamber/debussy.html

MO.
Alain Reiher
2008-08-30 19:32:10 UTC
Post by Alain Reiher
« Être supérieur aux autres n'a jamais représenté un grand effort si l'on
n'y joint pas le beau désir d'être supérieur à soi-même. »
Now reverse the subject line and see what happens:

RMCG takes on Debussy....
================================
Well ... That's what has been going on for a grand Esh whawache DRA while
now ...
================================
for example:

http://www.editionsorphee.com/chamber/debussy.html

MO.
===========
That's interesting!
It took me a while but ... I love Debussy now!
I read a fantabulous analysis of "la mer" the other day on a blog.
Hope your health is good and that the businessis rolling!

Alain
m***@gmail.com
2008-08-31 00:25:17 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
http://www.editionsorphee.com/chamber/debussy.html
===========
That's interesting!
It took me a while but ... I love Debussy now!
I read a fantabulous analysis of "la mer" the other day on a blog.
Hope your health is good and that the business is rolling!
Thank you. I keep on plugging away. I am not as productive, quantity
wise, as some other publishers, but every new issue is a work I
believe in, IISSSM. (The reviewers mostly agree, and the buying public
too. They keep me in business.)

As for the Debussy trio: it has been performed numerous times in
Europe, and even recorded. Was even performed once in Argentina of all
places, but I am not aware of any performances in North America. That
ought to be a sufficient RMCG challenge. For somebody...

MO.
John R.
2008-08-31 01:00:17 UTC
==========
That's interesting!
It took me a while but ... I love Debussy now!
I read a fantabulous analysis of "la mer" the other day on a blog.
Hope your health is good and that the business is rolling!
Thank you. I keep on plugging away. I am not as productive, quantity
wise, as some other publishers, but every new issue is a work I
believe in, IISSSM. (The reviewers mostly agree, and the buying public
too. They keep me in business.)
As for the Debussy trio: it has been performed numerous times in
Europe, and even recorded. Was even performed once in Argentina of all
places, but I am not aware of any performances in North America. That
ought to be a sufficient RMCG challenge. For somebody...
MO.
The MIDI tracks are good, but nothing in comparision to the instruments.

http://www.bauerstudios.de/de/data/shop/6051/acd6057.html?frontend=
164e2afc1c0fa290fcfb48bc0ada8a95

Who in RMCG plays with a flute and fiddler?

John
Alain Reiher
2008-08-31 01:08:54 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Nice snippets! Good appetizer... make you want to hear more ... even ...

Alain
m***@gmail.com

MO.
Alain Reiher
2008-08-31 00:56:13 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
http://www.editionsorphee.com/chamber/debussy.html
===========
That's interesting!
It took me a while but ... I love Debussy now!
I read a fantabulous analysis of "la mer" the other day on a blog.
Hope your health is good and that the business is rolling!
Thank you. I keep on plugging away. I am not as productive, quantity
wise, as some other publishers, but every new issue is a work I
believe in, IISSSM. (The reviewers mostly agree, and the buying public
too. They keep me in business.)

As for the Debussy trio: it has been performed numerous times in
Europe, and even recorded. Was even performed once in Argentina of all
places, but I am not aware of any performances in North America. That
ought to be a sufficient RMCG challenge. For somebody...

MO.

Well ... There is ... Mr. classical guitar alive trio-Morris if I am not
mistaken and ... Mr. Shulman the man with his Abaca quintet! Two potential
candidates to "relever le défi!'

Alain
Andrew Schulman
2008-08-31 01:23:21 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
My quintet used to have flute-violin instead of violin-mandolin. Long
time ago. But I do occasional trio gigs and violin-flute-gtr is a
very good sound.

Badda bing!
Robert Crim
2008-08-30 19:14:29 UTC
Post by Alain Reiher
« Être supérieur aux autres n'a jamais représenté un grand effort si l'on
n'y joint pas le beau désir d'être supérieur à soi-même. »
"To be superior to the others never represents a large effort if one
does not join in the beautiful desire to become superior to oneself."

I think I know what he means.

Robert
Alain Reiher