Menuets BWV 841 and BWV 842
Bert Alink
2019-09-05 08:17:28 UTC
Am I really the first one to arrange and record these for guitar? Can't be true, it's likely I didn't search well enough. I think they work great on guitar, probably even better with a more advanced guitarist.

Steven Bornfeld
2019-09-05 16:18:29 UTC
Post by Bert Alink
Am I really the first one to arrange and record these for guitar? Can't be true, it's likely I didn't search well enough. I think they work great on guitar, probably even better with a more advanced guitarist.
http://youtu.be/GI8WaaSFj7Q
http://youtu.be/sUYt_k7T91Q
Wow--beautifully done, Bert!

2019-09-06 02:28:42 UTC
Fantastic, Bert! Bravo!!!!
Bert Alink
2019-09-06 09:50:20 UTC
Post by Bert Alink
Am I really the first one to arrange and record these for guitar? Can't be true, it's likely I didn't search well enough. I think they work great on guitar, probably even better with a more advanced guitarist.
http://youtu.be/GI8WaaSFj7Q
http://youtu.be/sUYt_k7T91Q
Thank you both, Steven and John. The score of these arrangements is now on my site and on imslp.org.

There's a lot of nice stuff when you go through Bach's pieces. BWV 843 is the third of these 3 menuets, but I couldn't get a satisfying arrangement out of that one.