Che, what so you think of this.
Kent Murdick
2006-08-28 21:56:04 UTC
Here's what Jackson says about his own playing, "In fact, my playing is
very musical and people like it. You should see the download stats on
my songs at soundclick. And I've often been approached by fellow cg
players, experienced ones, on the street and in
music stores who were pleased with my playing and amazed at my
technique given that I've played the cg for so short a time and without
a teacher. "

Now honestly, what would you say to this? Would you approach Jackson
on the street or in a music store and tell him what a great player he
is? I mean you're and experienced player, right? . You know, I think if
I had terminal cancer and only a few weeks to live, I'd find out where
Jackson lived, go over to his house and strangle him with piano wire.
This is just a fantasy; I'd never really do it.
Recuerdos Lover
Jackson K. Eskew
2006-08-28 22:15:18 UTC
Kent, this is going to infuriate you even more: While trying out
guitars in various music stores here in L.A., I've been asked several
times: "Where did you study?"

For some reason, this brings to mind an old man I used to know. He'd
often say this: "I'm gonna knock ya on yer turdcutter!"

Please don't do this.
Jackson K. Eskew
2006-08-28 22:11:29 UTC
Friends, what Kent posts here occurred in this context, in another
Jackson, you have no ear; it's not going to happen for you. You have a
tone that sounds like two cat fucking on a car roof. You have no, and
I repeat, no feeling for music at all. Really, don't waste another
minute with music. Can't you use your speed reading skills to become a
clerk or something?
My response in that thread:

lol. Thanks for making me laugh again, Kent! I can always count on you.

In fact, my playing is very musical and people like it. You should see
the download stats on my songs at soundclick. And I've often been
approached by fellow cg players, experienced ones, on the street and in
music stores who were pleased with my playing and amazed at my
technique given that I've played the cg for so short a time and without
a teacher. This isn't boasting. I'm simply citing facts.

Yet I realize that this rapid progress from one who's played the cg for
only 1 1/2 years causes great resentment for someone like you who has
played it for so long, yet has already been equalled by a beginner. So
I'm not angry about your vitriol; rather, I understand it completely
and I feel for you. The vulgar power of resentment, as Nietzsche
recognized, is enormous and most painful.

In fact, and it's not a cop-out, my cheap mic is distorting my sound.
Yes, I admit that my tone is not yet perfect, but I continue to correct
it and I'm making good progress. Once I get the new mic from Ed, I'll
make new recordings for your pleasure (though, no doubt, since you've
committed yourself to your nonsense, and in reaction to these comments,
you'll stick with your vitriol no matter what - no matter, there are
plenty with ears to hear).

Any recordings to share?

By the way, Kent, in sharing any recordings please don't rip off any
John Williams recordings and try to present them as your own. Oh, I
just remembered, you think John Williams stinks. No, you have no
credibility at all!

But really, just for you, I'm going to share every cg recording I make.
Yet I'm a bit afraid. I fear that within a year's time, the rage of
your resentment will grow to homicidal proportions. Seriously though,
when jousting here I assume that I'm dealing with basically sane
people. Maybe this is foolish. Either way, I beg you: Don't kill me.

Kent, the fact that you've now allied yourself with Che' reveals much
indeed. Again, I feel for you.
Che'
2006-08-28 22:43:10 UTC
Post by Kent Murdick
Here's what Jackson says about his own playing, "In fact, my playing is
very musical and people like it. You should see the download stats on
my songs at soundclick. And I've often been approached by fellow cg
players, experienced ones, on the street and in
music stores who were pleased with my playing and amazed at my
technique given that I've played the cg for so short a time and without
a teacher. "
Now honestly, what would you say to this? Would you approach Jackson
on the street or in a music store and tell him what a great player he
is? I mean you're and experienced player, right? . You know, I think if
I had terminal cancer and only a few weeks to live, I'd find out where
Jackson lived, go over to his house and strangle him with piano wire.
This is just a fantasy; I'd never really do it.<
Well Kent, it all just depends. If he had a woman I wanted ... I'd play
him. If he had enough money I'd give him lessons....maybe. There are lots
of those types around and it's good to know how to play them. If he wanted
a wonderful sound... I'd *let* him buy my guitar ( for twice what I paid for
it ).

There's no reason to concern yourself too much with Jackson. He's slowly
doing his own self in with bad habits. I certainly wouldn't think about
strangling him. Hey, guys like that make real player's look even better!
:-)

We have already seen what happens to those who are "too" needy.

I might just laugh and call him, Unas de Gato.

Che'
Kent Murdick
2006-08-29 02:19:30 UTC
Post by Che'
Post by Kent Murdick
We have already seen what happens to those who are "too" needy. >>>
I think you are talking about R*z* here. He was a litlle bit weird,
but at least he could play like a good undergraduate student at Bumfuck
State U.
Che'
Che'
2006-08-29 02:32:07 UTC
Post by Kent Murdick
Post by Che'
Post by Kent Murdick
We have already seen what happens to those who are "too" needy. >>>
I think you are talking about R*z* here. He was a litlle bit weird,
but at least he could play like a good undergraduate student at Bumfuck
State U.<
I was talking about the Slut Sisters, Snow White and Myassisfine.
Che'
wollybird
2006-08-28 23:03:19 UTC
Post by Kent Murdick
Here's what Jackson says about his own playing, "In fact, my playing is
very musical and people like it. You should see the download stats on
my songs at soundclick. And I've often been approached by fellow cg
players, experienced ones, on the street and in
music stores who were pleased with my playing and amazed at my
technique given that I've played the cg for so short a time and without
a teacher. "
Now honestly, what would you say to this? Would you approach Jackson
on the street or in a music store and tell him what a great player he
is? I mean you're and experienced player, right? . You know, I think if
I had terminal cancer and only a few weeks to live, I'd find out where
Jackson lived, go over to his house and strangle him with piano wire.
This is just a fantasy; I'd never really do it.
I was going to suggest an imaginary lesson with Jackson, but you've
gone and ruined the ending.
Che'
2006-08-29 01:07:57 UTC
Post by Kent Murdick
Here's what Jackson says about his own playing, "In fact, my playing is
very musical and people like it. You should see the download stats on
my songs at soundclick. And I've often been approached by fellow cg
players, experienced ones, on the street and in
music stores who were pleased with my playing and amazed at my
technique given that I've played the cg for so short a time and without
a teacher. "
Now honestly, what would you say to this? Would you approach Jackson
on the street or in a music store and tell him what a great player he
is? I mean you're and experienced player, right? . You know, I think if
I had terminal cancer and only a few weeks to live, I'd find out where
Jackson lived, go over to his house and strangle him with piano wire.
This is just a fantasy; I'd never really do it.
I wonder if mild mannered Professor Murdick would mine sharing his current
sexual fantasy with the group?

Kent, this URL is for you: http://tinyurl.com/ia3g

Che'
thomas
2006-08-29 01:14:31 UTC
After hearing about cats copulating on a car roof, you want more?
Jackson K. Eskew
2006-08-29 01:45:07 UTC
Kent, it's too bad that your thread doesn't have much traction and is
attracting mostly the dregs. I told you there were those with ears to
hear. Better luck next time.

p.s. How are those recordings going? Let us know soon. I expect
absolute masterful playing from a master technician.
Che'
2006-08-29 01:34:41 UTC
Post by Che'
I wonder if mild mannered Professor Murdick would mine sharing his current
sexual fantasy with the group?
After hearing about cats copulating on a car roof, you want more?<
I wondered if Kent was living in a cat house with a hot tin roof when he
heard that. I'll bet he's still at that site I sent him?
Kent Murdick
2006-08-29 02:11:51 UTC
Post by wollybird
Post by Kent Murdick
Post by wollybird
I was going to suggest an imaginary lesson with Jackson, but you've
gone and ruined the ending. >>

No, not the ending, the beginning.
gone and ruined the ending.
tooly
2006-08-29 11:53:03 UTC
Post by Kent Murdick
Here's what Jackson says about his own playing, "In fact, my playing is
very musical and people like it. You should see the download stats on
my songs at soundclick. And I've often been approached by fellow cg
players, experienced ones, on the street and in
music stores who were pleased with my playing and amazed at my
technique given that I've played the cg for so short a time and without
a teacher. "
Now honestly, what would you say to this? Would you approach Jackson
on the street or in a music store and tell him what a great player he
is? I mean you're and experienced player, right? . You know, I think if
I had terminal cancer and only a few weeks to live, I'd find out where
Jackson lived, go over to his house and strangle him with piano wire.
This is just a fantasy; I'd never really do it.
Jackson is an interesting fellow..can't help but try figuring him out. I
think he is an apple fallen not far from the apple tree. The rest of you
guys, when not being Barrabus [LOL], are like that guy in the Amadeus
flick...the Italian composer (what was his name?) who spends great energies
trying to rise above the masses, when this upstart kid Mozart comes along
and 'plays' at life while far surpassing the achievements that other's only
'struggle' for...and never achieve.

Life simply is not fair. And no, Jackson is not another Mozart...but he
might have the natural leanings of his father, say what? No disrespect to
the achievements of others [Murdicks a publish author for example...no small
accomplishment itself regardless of what the reviews say, ha]...but just
trying to pin down the crotchety dispostion others have toward Jackson. I
see no disrespect in Jackson, or I'd chime in too [critique yes..but not
disrespect].
tooly
2006-08-29 12:34:25 UTC
Post by tooly
[...]
One more thing...and I'm gonna say this though I'll regret it. I read a
great deal of the posts in this newsgroup...and someone asked recently who
has benefited from this group. I can categorically say my CG has improved
immensely since finding this newsgroup. It has led me to resources I didn't
know existed, and before I was a baffoon wandering in near total
darkness...and now I'm a baffoon at least walking in daylight.

But as far as the posters on this newsgroup...I find just about every
personality here likeable...intelligent and civil and probably very smart
and refined and probably also talented [CG is not the easiest instrument to
take up]. Even when I know people highly disagree with my views (and I with
theirs), I still find a great civility here...and nothing that I'd take
affront to. Even if I were Jackson...the barbs are more funny than anything
malicious.

Except for one poster. Che. He's the only guy here that I'm pretty sure I
would not like to be a friend to if I ever met him in real life. I do not
sense a good spirit there I'm afraid. Oh...a club member here for sure..and
people will stick up for him...shun outsiders like me of course. He's the
one guy here I don't really like. The ONLY one. And I'm sure he is a great
CGist.

Dont worry though...I'm just a lurker who visits very seldom here...easily
ignored; though I read a lot here.
Che'
2006-08-29 18:02:48 UTC
"tooly" <***@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:2vWIg.22333$***@bignews5.bellsouth.net...

<Snip>
Post by tooly
Post by tooly
[...]
Curious as to your personality I did a little reseach into your post on
other newsgroups. It appears you post to a number of NG's with the same
poor me, wounded, shallow weepies. You mention your disconnectedness in
your message attached to the bottom of this page.

Most good players have a purpose driven life, to play well. Those guitar
player's, as you've described yourself, who have no central purpose in their
life fall prey to petty worries, fears, troubles, and the self-pitying
aimlessness you decribe in your post below. If you are looking for a friend
buy a puppy or a kitten. If you want to have your feelings trumped on...
post a classic pity-party passive-aggressive ruse on RMCG.

Che' ( who wants weak an ineffectual friends?)

Tooly's Rant:

Find complete thread at: http://tinyurl.com/fsqeo

For years I have been trying to figure out my family on my mother's side.
Each and every member of that family was burdened with what can only be
described as 'extreme shyness'. I have an aunt for example, who
continunally backs away as you talk to her and I've seen her actually back
right out of a room supposedly having a converstation. When young, I
remember all my aunts and uncles [they were teens then] actually 'run' to
the back of the house whenever someone knocked on the front door. These are
superficial behaviors of maladies that go far deeper and can only be
recognized and understood over years as something deeper than simple
'shyness' [everyone probably has some streak of that]...and I have become
convinced something genetic going on. In my family, it is a horrible malady
and no one has turned out well [happy; most of us are very miserable in
fact], though those who have entered artistic fields of endeavor have been
able to find some small success in life. I had one cousin who played lead
guitar for a nationally acclaimed band back in the 80's for example. Most
of us however, are more like one of my uncles who turned out to be a
horribly addicted alcoholic all his life. Me? I seek night shifts and work
far below my capacity because I simply cannot handle the stress of political
roughhousing in the workplace...and thusly am miserable.

It is something very observable to varying degrees in EVERY single member of
that family...including myself as metioned.

The abuses I've felt all my life are hard to describe to someone else. A
person's spiritual hide [if I might call it that] is important...and I've
known people who are hardly 'touched' at all for the exact things that
literally destroy someone like myself. I tried for years to justify this as
some sort of virtue in the family, for there was nothing most of the members
wouldn't do for others. Generosity, hospitality, kindness...it is said WE
as a group will gladly give the shirts off our back to total strangers. But
the justification fails in time when one observes the pure misery we exist
under. We soon feel stilted because no one ever gives the shirt back, ha.
The world is a hard place and hard bark is necessary...a 'fit' for the
environment. Waiting for your turn in line is a luxury afforded only the
most affluent richer folk who do not starve of human warmth. For most of the
world, to survive well, one must be willing to fight...to sell ice cubes to
eskimoes, and empathy is a hinderence [ask any WWII GI Joe...a Kraut had to
be a Kraut...or else, it was your butt ending up being wiped off the
ground]. The family I was born into as a rule...does not fit...and that
cannot be considered 'virtuous' for sake of the weakness behind our acts.

Anyway, the idea of 'shyness' has been a major major preponderance in life
for me...trying to understand what went wrong; why all this suffering? I'm
not sure I have any answers, but I do recognize it is deeper than something
learned. There is a genetic disposition to it. For some odd reason, I feel
kinship to the dutch painter Vincent van Gogh..as I have read his story
anyway. He cared deeply, was sensitive...but deeply disturbed for the
suffering he experienced. I think he loved deeply...and could never
understand why such depth could not be recieved in the world with simple
graciousness. It seems people go out of their way to hurt you if you show
any sign of weakness...and, well...perhaps that is DNA struggling to keep a
quality control about things. I dunno. Hesitation, such that shyness as
they call it promotes in behavior, is perhaps weakness in the eyes of the
tigers of the world; the predatory nature that must express itself or else,
the prey's reality becomes one's host. Falling in love with prostitutes is
perhaps not the wisest thing of course, LOL [refering back to van gogh].

What is weird, I feel 'advantaged' in some way...not in the shyness which is
definitely weakness and a disadvantage...but more in how I 'feel' about
things and how easy it is to 'care' about the simplest things. But it's a
horrible malady in a world of fangs and claw I'm afraid. And I'm male...and
NOT gay...and very traditional. Imagine how hard that hat is to wear.

To compensate for my complete aloneness [I do have a great father however],
I have entertained what I call 'alternative egos' in my mind...a borderline
schizophrenia. I don't like the restrictions others put upon me. For
instance, I absolutely detest that we are identified in this world by our
job. To me, that has nothing to do with what I am. But, that's how we are
seen nonetheless. In my supposed schizophrenia, I can experience life
'freer'...I can be as my heart was intended. I can FEEL, perhaps
artifically in my imagination, some sense of worth or purpose that society
of course dismisses altogether.

Ah...the world calls you to order quick enough though and hard reality is
thrown on you like a bucket of water on a fire. Most of my waking hours is
spent in pure hellish misery having to pay homage to everyone elses
'imagination' while mine, so glorius in their paltry light [ha...truely;
they all seem to see themselves as so small and insignificant...to me just
robots following along in ruts made by many feet, not their own]...well, I
suffocate.

Anyway, some of the things you were writing here sort of rung some bells in
my head. BTW, I don't 'feel' crazy...or schizoid...or even shy for that
matter. I feel deeply...do not have much of a bark for protection I'm
afraid. It makes me weak in one sense as I have mentioned; like one of
those bubble boys, I have to be guarded in my human relationships. But I
also feel life's direction is toward higher awareness...not lesser...and
that means, in time, greater empathy, and not less. Those dullards making
today's rules and regulations and definitions might be seen as the true
inferiors [if there is such a thing] on the scope of future time. Already I
see a rising empathy in today's youth...though they seem misguided in a kind
of shallowness. Jackson talks of 'moral relativism'...and today's youth,
though with increased empathy, seems all to willing to absolve personal
responsibility in that relativism...and enter into debachery and shallow
decadence all to easy [although, kids are caring more about each other].

Anyway, something to think about perhaps that maybe, just maybe, the world
misjudges those like yourself...who I see as profound in the way you see
things [and I'm sure others do as well; remember Publius...he admired you
remember]...and just because one does not fit the 'static molds' of
"scientism's" rationality [Jackson taught me that term...look it up], well
perhaps you are far more the victim than you realize...like that song, a
caged bird not allowed to sing as her rightful nature would otherwise have
produced [you mention that mental health institutions are not human
friendly...because I imagine they no longer see the mentally ill as
human...but miscreants]. In the first place, who is the one 'ILL'? Brain
scan looks different because perhaps you ARE different. What a horrid
thought to consider that science has only one way to see human existence and
to model us like we construct our new 'cookie cutter' housing developments;
pure futile monotony. Your capacity to love is perhaps greater [just a guess
on my part]...and if so, that might make "them" (the new world rational
authorities), at least 'small' in their understanding.

http://tinyurl.com/fsqeo

1 From: tooly - view profile
Date: Thurs, Feb 9 2006 11:26 am
Email: "tooly" <***@bellsouth.net>
Groups: rec.music.classical.guitar
Not yet ratedRating:
show options
Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message

I'm in a shit mood just now, so who gives a fuck. You know...you've
been
there I'm sure.
So, all my little life pet peeves are cropping up today, and I'm
dwelling on
how shitty this existence is.

Most of my adult life, I've yearned simply for someone to play
guitar with.
I was never all that good you see. I'm poor or
something...disconnected. I
dunno. So, I've tried to record myself doing Bach Duets, or Carulli
two
guitar pieces, or something of Scarlatti transcribed...and come back
and
play over. That sucks. I cheat like hell too...slowing the
recordings
down, changing pitch, clipping in pieces at a time. I know I
crucify these
pieces...but I was the only teacher I ever knew; which means I'm
uneducated
I suppose. But I never wanted to do anything spectaclar
anyway...just
'enjoy' the music. Just to have someone to play with...that sounds
so
dipshit weak I know...but you don't know what it is to be
disconnected I
would imagine.

I dunno. I don't know one single damned 'other' classical
player...good or
bad.

Just feel lucky if any of you are connected. Just having someone to
play
with, or for...that makes all the difference in life you see. And
some of
you may even be studying this stuff at major institutions...'wholly'
connected; a part of something.
Recuerdos Lover
2006-08-29 21:59:23 UTC
Tooly, tooly, tooly,
I feel bad for you, man. Whatever your problems are, Jacksass isn't
the answer to them. Your sycophantic behavior in regards to him will
do you no good. I think you would do good to read Che's macho posts
and try to imitate them. Grow a pair, man!
Recuerdos Lover
2006-08-29 15:55:25 UTC
Well, obviously Kent and many of the rest of us do see a lot of
disrespect in him. Why else would he get flack? There are quite a few
others around here who are much more talented than him, and they don't
get the treatment. There are quite a few others around here who are
more learned than him, and they don't get it either. So maybe it has
something to do with this:

"No matter what you say publicly, if you're honest with yourselves
you'll
admit that I PLAYED you guys like a cheap fiddle. I TOOK OVER YOUR
NEWSGROUP. "

Jackson Eskew

Nope, no disrespect in him at all, tooly.
disrespect].
Kent Murdick
2006-08-29 16:05:51 UTC
Jackson has hurt the group a bit. Jackson's the kind of guy - and
we've all seen them - who can play an entire tune in the band a half
step higher than than the key and not hear it. How do you tell someone
like that if they don't hear it? You can't.
disrespect].
Kent Murdick
2006-08-30 10:30:19 UTC
Post by Recuerdos Lover
Post by tooly
Post by Recuerdos Lover
Well, obviously Kent and many of the rest of us do see a lot of
disrespect in him.>>>

I don't mind arrogance and disrespect - this is the barnyard after
all-I just don't appreciate it when someone is stupid, untalented,
arrogant and disrepectful.
disrespect].
William D Clinger
2006-08-30 12:29:50 UTC
Post by Kent Murdick
I don't mind arrogance and disrespect - this is the barnyard after
all-I just don't appreciate it when someone is stupid, untalented,
arrogant and disrepectful.
Sorry, Kent, but I am what I am, and that's all
what I am.

The Town Drunkard