Value of a guitar
Bernie Cosell
2020-06-20 16:00:31 UTC
I probably need to list my guitar on my homeowner's insurance, but I
haven't a clue how to figure out what its value is. Is there something
akin to the "Kelly Blue Book" for cars that lists guitars.

Mine is a 1977 Ramirez 1a, serial 11117

Thanks /bernie\
--
Bernie Cosell Fantasy Farm Fibers
***@fantasyfarm.com Pearisburg, VA
--> Too many people, too few sheep <--
John
2020-06-21 03:01:03 UTC
One source is eBay's completed item listings. Looking there now, I see a 1a from 1966 that sold for $8000; another from 1976 went for an undisclosed best offer somewhat less than the asking price of $2900.

A better way IMO if you have a good classical guitar shop nearby, or at least a good musical instrument store, is ask them to appraise it. If the store is not familiar with with the brand or model but knows it's the top model from a very good brand, they might appraise it for that model
Bernie Cosell
2020-06-21 17:00:49 UTC
John <***@gmail.com> wrote:

} A better way IMO if you have a good classical guitar shop nearby, or at least a good musical instrument store, is ask them to appraise it.

I don't think there's one for a hundred miles, but I'll check around. I
live in SW Virginia in the mountains and I'd have better luck with
appraising a banjo.. :o)

thanks
/bernie\
John
2020-06-21 03:02:03 UTC

John R.
Bernie Cosell
2020-06-28 19:55:23 UTC
Bernie Cosell <***@fantasyfarm.com> wrote:

} Mine is a 1977 Ramirez 1a, serial 11117

I found a place to appraise it. $8000! Now I'm almost afraid to touch
it.. :o)

/b\
Andrew Schulman
2020-07-02 17:20:07 UTC
Post by Bernie Cosell
} Mine is a 1977 Ramirez 1a, serial 11117
I found a place to appraise it. $8000! Now I'm almost afraid to touch
it.. :o)
/b\
--
Bernie Cosell Fantasy Farm Fibers
--> Too many people, too few sheep <--
That's a nice price tag! Good luck with it, Bernie.