William Tell
Add Reply
Bernie Cosell
2020-05-08 19:46:02 UTC
Has anyone seen a guitar transcription of the middle section of the William
Tell Overture? Not the "Lone Ranger" part -- the part before that that
starts after the storm subsides. [I haven't seen the score -- it the melody
in the oboes?]. It seems that it could make a beautiful guitar solo but
I'm not competent to tackle it.

/Bernie\
--
Bernie Cosell Fantasy Farm Fibers
***@fantasyfarm.com Pearisburg, VA
--> Too many people, too few sheep <--
Bernie Cosell
2020-05-08 19:55:57 UTC
Bernie Cosell <***@fantasyfarm.com> wrote:

} Has anyone seen a guitar transcription of the middle section of the William
} Tell Overture? Not the "Lone Ranger" part -- the part before that that
} starts after the storm subsides. [I haven't seen the score -- it the melody
} in the oboes?]. It seems that it could make a beautiful guitar solo ...

Actually, in addition to a guitar solo, the bulk of it is a lovely duet
between the oboe and the piccolo -- which would make for a very nice guitar
duet...

/Bernie\
Steven Bornfeld
2020-05-09 15:33:59 UTC
Post by Bernie Cosell
} Has anyone seen a guitar transcription of the middle section of the William
} Tell Overture? Not the "Lone Ranger" part -- the part before that that
} starts after the storm subsides. [I haven't seen the score -- it the melody
} in the oboes?]. It seems that it could make a beautiful guitar solo ...
Actually, in addition to a guitar solo, the bulk of it is a lovely duet
between the oboe and the piccolo -- which would make for a very nice guitar
duet...
/Bernie\
Awww, I miss Richard Yates's active participation here.