Penderecki and the guitar
Eduard V. Agulló
2020-04-05 23:30:10 UTC
Rest in peace, Penderecki.
He used the guitar in the orchestra several times.
And recently, in collaboration with guitarists from his country, he made several transcriptions from his music: for solo guitar and for guitar and orchestra ( a concerto ).

Matt Faunce
2020-04-13 18:54:49 UTC
Post by Eduard V. Agulló
Rest in peace, Penderecki.
He used the guitar in the orchestra several times.
And recently, in collaboration with guitarists from his country, he made
several transcriptions from his music: for solo guitar and for guitar and
orchestra ( a concerto ).
http://youtu.be/Gu_PUfeE1V8
http://youtu.be/yl5VSeqOAFo
Awesome!!!!!
Post by Eduard V. Agulló
http://youtu.be/y8cU1DbtNN4
Awesome!
Eduard V. Agulló
2020-04-13 20:43:42 UTC
Post by Matt Faunce
Post by Eduard V. Agulló
Rest in peace, Penderecki.
He used the guitar in the orchestra several times.
And recently, in collaboration with guitarists from his country, he made
several transcriptions from his music: for solo guitar and for guitar and
orchestra ( a concerto ).
http://youtu.be/Gu_PUfeE1V8
http://youtu.be/yl5VSeqOAFo
Awesome!!!!!
Post by Eduard V. Agulló
http://youtu.be/y8cU1DbtNN4
Awesome!
The transcriptions of the solo pieces, made with the guitarist Lukasz Kuropaczewski, are published by Schott.
Eduard V. Agulló
Penderecki-s concerto for guitar and orchestra is on Spotify, as part of a CD with Polish concerti for guitar and orchestra.
Eduard V. Agulló
Matt Faunce
2020-04-13 21:05:14 UTC
Post by Eduard V. Agulló
Post by Eduard V. Agulló
Rest in peace, Penderecki.
He used the guitar in the orchestra several times.
And recently, in collaboration with guitarists from his country, he made
several transcriptions from his music: for solo guitar and for guitar
and orchestra ( a concerto ).
http://youtu.be/Gu_PUfeE1V8
http://youtu.be/yl5VSeqOAFo
http://youtu.be/y8cU1DbtNN4
Penderecki-s concerto for guitar and orchestra is on Spotify, as part of
a CD with Polish concerti for guitar and orchestra.
Thanks for the info. I don’t subscribe to Spotify, because my internet
connection is has a monthly data-limit. I did see, at the end of the video,
a picture of a CD, so I might look for that CD for sale someday; it’s just
that I was buying a lot of CDs recently, and now, unless the US government
steps up in a massive way, the economic crash is going to drive me into
abject poverty.

Hey, speaking of being driven into abject poverty, this Greek music, by
this Greek guitarist, is remarkable. He was horribly affected by the Greek
economy some years ago. (His friend uploaded the videos and maintains the
page.)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Ampeira
2020-04-13 21:13:56 UTC
Post by Matt Faunce
Hey, speaking of being driven into abject poverty, this Greek music, by
this Greek guitarist, is remarkable. He was horribly affected by the Greek
economy some years ago. (His friend uploaded the videos and maintains the
page.)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ampeira
Read the “about” section.
e***@hotmail.com
2020-04-13 20:39:47 UTC
Post by Eduard V. Agulló
Rest in peace, Penderecki.
He used the guitar in the orchestra several times.
And recently, in collaboration with guitarists from his country, he made several transcriptions from his music: for solo guitar and for guitar and orchestra ( a concerto ).
http://youtu.be/Gu_PUfeE1V8
http://youtu.be/yl5VSeqOAFo
http://youtu.be/y8cU1DbtNN4
The transcritions of the solo pieces, made with the guitarist Lukasz Kuropaczewski, are published by Schott.