OT - Politics - Soros
Reza Ganjavi (www.rezamusic.com)
2004-09-29 21:58:57 UTC
It's just getting more exciting
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Soros-Campaign.html?ex=1097035200&en=db80101273b20171&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1
CV
2004-09-30 04:34:31 UTC
Just goes to show a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the
first place.

Chip
CV
2004-09-30 16:59:28 UTC
Anyone who pours money down multiple rabbit holes like ACT, Moveon
and the Media Fund and expects to actually change someones mind is a fool.
These fringe groups have a hardcore base and are a complete and automatic
turnoff to the vast majority of people. The media funds latest radio ad
offended the black population of the US so bad they had to pull the ad and
also removed it from their website.
I have read the story, have you? He raped the working man in Britian
by sucking out over a billion dollars in 1 day by intentionally devalueing
the British pound. Now thats a nice way to repay a society that helped you
with their National Healthcare when you were an immigrant with a busted leg.
I understand thats not the only way he made his money but biting off the
hand that fed you when you were starving is generally frowned upon in the
civilized world.
Comments like "America, under Bush, is a danger to the world," adding,
"When I hear Bush say, 'You're either with us or against us,' it reminds me
of the Germans." aren't going to get him any support from the people who may
be in the middle current issues. Most sane people find that statement
disgusting and one that requires an apology. In the long run fools like
Soros hurt the Democratic party. If Kerry were to get elected he would be
endentured far deeper to Soros than Cheney ever could have been to
Halliburton. Soros will demand repayment of some kind.

CV
2004-09-30 17:10:22 UTC
Reza I saw you post that you like to collect quotes. Here is one that is
appropriate to Soros.

"Money won't buy you happiness, but it allows you to be as unpleasant as you
wish."

:-)

Not sure where it came from, you have to admit, it made you smile..

Regards,

Chip
2004-09-30 20:46:35 UTC
Chip, did you see the carnage in Iraq today? It is sickening if you are at
all a sensitive human. Who cares if Soros is a fool or not. Even a fool can
sometimes say something wise.

Check out the article : "Why We Must Not
Re-elect President Bush?" It's available for download on www.GeorgeSoros.com

CV
2004-09-30 22:59:09 UTC
Yes I saw the carnage in Iraq today and it is sickening and the only
people to blame for that are the TERRORIST who set off the bomb. These
lunatics are killing their own people. But I do understand it is much easier
to blame America and the big bad Bush.
Ive read Soros' "personal message" and I disagree with his opinion. He
is entitled to it and he can dump every penny he owns down the drain to try
unseat Bush. My point was that you catch more flies with honey. Soros has
surrounded himself with the fringe elements of the left and no-one but the
left listens. With his kind of money he didn't need the loonies.
And comparing Bush to the Nazis. Surely even you can admit that is WAY
overboard even for him. Or will you?

www.GeorgeSoros.com
John D. Rimmer
2004-09-30 23:12:03 UTC
Chip,

Are you trying to say that the people/person who should be blamed for
killing the innocents are the actual killers? Where is the logic in that?
Don't you know that they had their reasons? If you just hated the president
enough, then it would be a lot easier for you to get on board with putting
the blame square on his shoulders. The terrorists sure do.

Nylon Cheers!

John
www.GeorgeSoros.com
CV
2004-09-30 23:35:18 UTC
I know shame on me. I should jump on the "blame America/Bush first"
bandwagon. Evidently it's easier to sleep at night.
And yes Reza I beleive a blind squirrel can find an acorn every once in a
while, however he will still eventually starve to death.

I found a saying earlier today that I thought was approriate and I posted it
but it seems to have dissappeared.

It went something like..Money cant buy happiness but it allows you to be as
miserable as you want to be.

84 minutes till W and punkin head start the debate.

Chip
www.GeorgeSoros.com
Reza Ganjavi (www.rezamusic.com)
2004-10-01 07:15:13 UTC
Chip, the problem for you is that not only Soros wants Kerry to win, so do
some of the top scientists and top economists. OK Soros is a fool in your
opinion but you can use that reasoning only so far. I am sure your next line
is going to be these scientists and economists are fools too. Then I'm gonno
worry that maybe you're the fool. And I'm gonno worry that maybe more Bush
supporters like you are fools. I don't know!

Scientists Hit Campaign Trail for Kerry

Thu Sep 30, 7:22 PM ET

By AMY LORENTZEN, Associated Press Writer

DES MOINES, Iowa - Mixing science and politics, Nobel laureates and former
presidential advisers are heading to campaign battleground states with a
message that George W. Bush is no friend of scientists and should be
replaced by John Kerry (news - web sites).

==========

Recently 10 Noble prize winning economists endorsed Kerry:

'The Democratic presidential nominee released a letter from the economists
saying the Bush administration had "embarked on a reckless and extreme
course that endangers the long-term economic health of our nation". They
cited "poorly designed" tax cuts that instead of creating jobs have turned
budget surpluses into enormous budget deficits, a "fiscal irresponsibility
threatens the long-term economic security and prosperity of our nation." '

On the environment:

"CONCORD, N.H. - The head of the Environmental Protection Agency (news - web
sites) for two Republican presidents criticized President Bush (news - web
sites)'s record on Monday, calling it a "polluter protection" policy."

============

CV
2004-10-01 15:18:08 UTC
The last time I checked Carter and ARAFAT have Nobel prizes. But to make you
happy here are some winners who support Bush, as if a Nobel prize matters.

Robert Mundell, Columbia University - 1999
Robert Lucas, U. of Chicago - 1995
Milton Friedman, U. of Chicago (now retired) - 1976
James Buchanan, George Mason U. - 1986
Vernon Smith, George Mason U. - 2002
Myron Scholes, Stanford University - 1997
Gary Becker, U. of Chicago - 1992

Heres a nice quote from one of the 10 who support Kerry.
Paul Samuelson referring to those killed by Mao in China- "people who would
probably have starved to death anyway without the necessary economic
reforms."
Just from glancing at the list of 10 over half of these guys were
Clintonites!!! Would you expect them to support Bush? At least do a little
looking at an article and get answers for YOURSELF instead of being
spoonfed. Garbage in garbage out ya know.

You seem to have missed my question to you regarding Soros' comments about
Bush and the Nazis. Ill give you the benfit of the doubt and assume you
forgot to answer.

============
John D. Rimmer
2004-10-02 00:52:29 UTC
William Bradford Shockley: A member of the three-person team that received
the 1956 Nobel Prize in physics for inventing the transistor, in the late
1960s Shockley turned his scientific interest from his own professional
field to behavior genetics...
http://www.jbhe.com/features/39_20thcentury_racists.html

Just goes to show that smart on one thing does NOT carry any weight to areas
outside the scope of their expertise.

Chip, wish I was at Martin Hall at Wesleyan, right now,

Nylon Cheers!

John