Need a "tall" footstool.
Ivan K.
2019-07-25 15:19:24 UTC
I have decided that I need a foot stool that is at least
9.5 inches in height (24.5 cm) >>at the heel<<. I emphasis
"at the heel" because since most footstools have a tilted
surface, many manufacturers when listing a stool height
just estimate the height from the center of the tilted
surface. On-line, a description will "claim" that this
particular footstool can reach a height of ten inches,
but when I order the footstool and get it home, the
heel of my foot is no where near ten inches off the
ground.

I would prefer a footstool with a flat surface, but it
looks like pretty much every footstool I find on-line,
has a tilted surface, so I will consider tilted surfaces.

Can someone on this forum direct me to a footstool that
will meet my needs, where the lowest point of the surface
is at least 9.5 inches (24.5 cm) off the ground?

Thank you for your help.

P.S. This footstool must be collapsible so that I can
put it in a bag and take it to performances.
John Nguyen
2019-07-25 20:05:47 UTC
I reversed the foot stool do the higher end is on the heel side, and it seemed to work for me so far.
John Nguyen
2019-07-26 02:50:08 UTC
I reversed the foot stool so the higher end (10") is on the heel side, and the lower end (8") is front side. It seemed to work for me, and there is less strain on the ankle when the foot is tilted a little toward the front. I feel very comfortable with that position, but YMMV.
Cheers!
JPD
Footstools can wreck your back over time, especially tall ones. Really should invest in a support system.
Gerry
2019-07-26 06:17:12 UTC
Post by Ivan K.
[...]
I've been tempted to pursue a craftsman in the area for a similar
project. You can give him highly detailed specifications to ensure you
get *precisely* what you want.
tom g
2019-07-26 14:39:57 UTC
Post by Ivan K.
[...]
I have seen some guitarists using a footstool and a small Dynarette cushion, but sometimes guitarists who prefer a footstool don't like cushions (usually not with good reasons).
You may have to consider a 'contraption' to raise the guitar to the height that you want. This latest one is gaining popularity:
https://guitarlift.de/en/
There may be an extra high footstool somewhere but I don't see it.
John
2019-07-26 23:41:40 UTC
Strings by Mail has a nice Best Guitar Support Guide, with solutions that are all better than footstools. (I'm not affiliated, but happily use a Dynarette.)

https://www.stringsbymail.com/pages/best-guitar-support-guide-44.html

John R.
tom g
2019-08-01 10:34:29 UTC
Post by tom g
Post by Ivan K.
[...]
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MT7KW7D?ref=em_1p_8_ti&ref_=pe_22120541_395306501

This is the the tallest that I have seen but it is a good idea to ask to an osteopath or chiropractor about the back problems that footstools can cause. I have never known of one who did not encourage to use an alternative.