Andrew's Concert on October 27, 2019
s***@gmail.com
2019-10-30 17:52:55 UTC
Andrew, I hope you're reading this.

Bronwen and I bought tickets but we were both feeling less than 100% so we elected not to attend, and are happy that our ticket purchases will contribute something to your very good cause.

I'd love a concert report, here or email if you'd rather.

Hi, RMCG, long time no see but I don't use my PC any more, and that's where I used to access the newsgroup from. Now Google Groups ...

-S-
Andrew Schulman
2019-10-30 18:04:16 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Andrew, I hope you're reading this.
Bronwen and I bought tickets but we were both feeling less than 100% so we elected not to attend, and are happy that our ticket purchases will contribute something to your very good cause.
I'd love a concert report, here or email if you'd rather.
Hi, RMCG, long time no see but I don't use my PC any more, and that's where I used to access the newsgroup from. Now Google Groups ...
-S-
Steve, Sorry you and Bronwen were not feeling well and couldn't attend. This was my first solo recital in many years. I just felt I had to move myself forward, and a good way to do that would be a solo concert to benefit the Medical Musician Initiative. For a good while it looked like there wouldn't be a lot of people in attendance but on the day of the concert it was close to a full house. Right up until I went onstage I thought I just wasn't up to it. I thought that after intermission there would be a lot of people gone, and that I wouldn't feel I could attend the reception.

Fortunately, I was wrong. From what I've been told, no one left during the intermission. And to my complete surprise, it was the best concert I've ever played. I had two standing ovations, at the end of the program and after the encore. I did work very hard for ten months preparing for this concert.

So, what's next? I don't know. I don't have concert management and I'm not interested in touring anyway. People have been asking me for years when I'd record another CD and I think that's the next step, probably taking the repertoire from the concert program:::: - https://medicalmusicianinitiative.org/a-benefit-concert

Again, sorry you couldn't be there but thanks for asking about it.

2019-10-30 21:13:45 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
[...]
Andrew
Andrew--

I am mortified that I was not at your recital. I'd had every intention
of coming--even got a special invitation from Greg--but by the time I
remembered I got stuck at the office.
I'm glad to hear the recital was a success. Nice program. I know you
hadn't had a solo recital in a long time--is ABACA still performing?

2019-10-31 20:41:38 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by Andrew Schulman
Post by s***@gmail.com
[...]
Steve
Sorry you couldn't make it Steve. I was kind of amazed to be frank about the response; I wasn't expecting it. It's given me a new commitment to performing solo again. I would like to resurrect the Abaca String Band as well but that will take much more effort and money; not impossible, the right things would have to fall into place though. Who knows...

Andrew

s***@gmail.com
2019-10-30 19:06:10 UTC
So glad to hear it went so well, Andrew.

Thanks for the report.

-S-
Andrew Schulman
2019-10-31 20:36:42 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
So glad to hear it went so well, Andrew.
Thanks for the report.
-S-
Your welcome, thanks for asking.