Concierto de Aranjuez - "Smallest" arrangement?
David Kotschessa
2004-07-29 17:20:27 UTC
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
David Schramm
2004-07-29 17:50:28 UTC
Yes, the Angel Romero version comes with a piano score.

-
David Schramm
Clovis, CA
http://schrammguitars.com
http://onlineapprentice.com
David Kotschessa
2004-07-30 00:57:27 UTC
Post by David Schramm
Yes, the Angel Romero version comes with a piano score.
-
David Schramm
Clovis, CA
http://schrammguitars.com
http://onlineapprentice.com
Thanks, I found it. Now i just have to work on my "Wanna play a
duet?" line for the girl that plays the piano. Or maybe I should pick
something easier. hehe
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
2004-07-29 18:20:07 UTC
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
Did you see the movie "School of Rock? They performed just such an
arrangement. Don't know if it was Angel Romero's.

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
David Kotschessa
2004-07-30 00:56:23 UTC
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
Did you see the movie "School of Rock? They performed just such an
arrangement. Don't know if it was Angel Romero's.
Steve
Wow, no! I kind of was avoiding that movie but that sounds like an
almost legitimate excuse to see it.
Steven Bornfeld
2004-07-30 02:31:51 UTC
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
Did you see the movie "School of Rock? They performed just such an
arrangement. Don't know if it was Angel Romero's.
Steve
Wow, no! I kind of was avoiding that movie but that sounds like an
almost legitimate excuse to see it.
It's actually a very sweet movie. Jack Black does carry it on his
shoulders, but Joan Cusak is great as always.

Steve
David Kotschessa
2004-07-30 13:39:04 UTC
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
Did you see the movie "School of Rock? They performed just such an
arrangement. Don't know if it was Angel Romero's.
Steve
Wow, no! I kind of was avoiding that movie but that sounds like an
almost legitimate excuse to see it.
It's actually a very sweet movie. Jack Black does carry it on his
shoulders, but Joan Cusak is great as always.
Steve
I think Jack Black is a hugely (no pun/insult meant) entertaining actor.
I just thought the movie looked like it was targeted towards an adolescent
audience. Not saying that I've really grown up all that much. If
anything I'm stuck in pre-teen years...
Steven Bornfeld
2004-07-30 18:50:12 UTC
Post by David Kotschessa
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
Did you see the movie "School of Rock? They performed just such
an arrangement. Don't know if it was Angel Romero's.
Steve
Wow, no! I kind of was avoiding that movie but that sounds like an
almost legitimate excuse to see it.
It's actually a very sweet movie. Jack Black does carry it on his
shoulders, but Joan Cusak is great as always.
Steve
I think Jack Black is a hugely (no pun/insult meant) entertaining actor.
I just thought the movie looked like it was targeted towards an
adolescent audience. Not saying that I've really grown up all that
much. If anything I'm stuck in pre-teen years...
I'm significantly older than you are (52) and thought it was great fun.

2014-04-30 20:31:16 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
I'm significantly older than you are (52) and thought it was great fun.
So funny, I thought to myself, "I thought Steve was closer to my age". Than I saw the date of your post. Haha. We are indeed the same age.

2014-04-30 20:47:51 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
I'm significantly older than you are (52) and thought it was great fun.
So funny, I thought to myself, "I thought Steve was closer to my age". Than I saw the date of your post. Haha. We are indeed the same age.
Andrew
Weird--was that in the same thread?
I was thinking I remembered in the movie "School of Rock" that the young
guitarist was recruited by Jack Black from a room in which he was
playing the Aranjuez--but I don't remember if it was guitar solo, guitar
and piano, or guitar and small chamber group. I guess I shouldn't be
too surprised it didn't show up on the soundtrack.
I'm thinking the kid had the score up on the stand--I think it probably
was the Schott edition.

Steve (I think I'm a few weeks younger than you--my birthday is in 2 weeks.)
JPD

John Nguyen
2014-05-01 02:46:41 UTC
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:47:51 PM UTC-7, Steven Bornfeld wrote: > On 4/30/2014 4:31 PM, Andrew Schulman wrote: > > > On Friday, July 30, 2004 2:50:12 PM UTC-4, Steven Bornfeld wrote: > > >> I'm significantly older than you are (52) and thought it was great fun. > > >> > > > So funny, I thought to myself, "I thought Steve was closer to my age". Than I saw the date of your post. Haha. We are indeed the same age. > > > > > > Andrew > > > > > > > > > Weird--was that in the same thread? > > I was thinking I remembered in the movie "School of Rock" that the young > > guitarist was recruited by Jack Black from a room in which he was > > playing the Aranjuez--but I don't remember if it was guitar solo, guitar > > and piano, or guitar and small chamber group. I guess I shouldn't be > > too surprised it didn't show up on the soundtrack. > > I'm thinking the kid had the score up on the stand--I think it probably > > was the Schott edition. > > > > Steve (I think I'm a few weeks younger than you--my birthday is in 2 weeks.) http://youtu.be/x_-4d8YBojo
The piano boy, Lawrence, was a sweet little boy, Robert Tsai, in North Jersey, very talented kid. Gosh, he must be in his 20's now!
Steven Bornfeld
2014-05-04 13:17:40 UTC
Post by JPD
http://youtu.be/x_-4d8YBojo
Thanks--that's it. I didn't remember it being arranged for a group this
large (and I didn't have the patience to scroll through all the "School
of Rock" videos on youtube.)

Steve
Matt McNabb
718-258-5001
Steven Bornfeld
2004-07-30 20:49:31 UTC
Post by Matt McNabb
It sounded to me like the pianist was playing the guitar part.
My memory may be faulty--I think you may be right.

Steve
718-258-5001
Matt McNabb
2004-07-31 01:22:10 UTC
That kid who played the piano is extremely talented. I saw him on a show a
while back(might have been 60 Mins.) and he was composing music at about 5
years old. Also, the girl who played bass in the movie is actully a
classical guitarist who was once featured on Over the Top.

By the way, how come I can't see my own post.
718-258-5001
Steven Bornfeld
2004-07-31 01:43:29 UTC
Post by Matt McNabb
That kid who played the piano is extremely talented. I saw him on a show a
while back(might have been 60 Mins.) and he was composing music at about 5
years old. Also, the girl who played bass in the movie is actully a
classical guitarist who was once featured on Over the Top.
By the way, how come I can't see my own post.
Can't tell ya that. You using google? I'm using news.individual.de as
my news server on Netscape news reader.

Steve
718-258-5001
Matt McNabb
718-258-5001
Matt McNabb
718-258-5001
Olof Johansson
2004-07-29 21:56:26 UTC
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
Aranjuez, mon amour,
sur le theme du 2e mouvement du "concerto de aranjuez" pour guitare et
orchestre, de Joaquin Rodrigo-Vidre, Arrangement pour guitare seule
Editions Salabert, Paris, 1968
is a short version of the adagio for solo guitar that I like, in b and
f# minor.
Olof
Chuck Connors
2004-08-12 16:50:37 UTC
Post by Olof Johansson
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
Aranjuez, mon amour,
sur le theme du 2e mouvement du "concerto de aranjuez" pour guitare et
orchestre, de Joaquin Rodrigo-Vidre, Arrangement pour guitare seule
Editions Salabert, Paris, 1968
is a short version of the adagio for solo guitar that I like, in b and
f# minor.
Olof, can you tell me where a person could purchase this? It's not
available through the GSP catalogue, and I can't find it in the
Salabert Guitar PDF catalogue either. I have been looking for a good
version of the 2nd movement to add to my repetoire. I purchased the
'Version Del Autor' from GSP, but it's not well arranged. It's just
the solo without any voicings added. Lovely piece of music, though.
Visually.
Olof Johansson
2004-08-13 08:42:18 UTC
Post by Chuck Connors
Post by Olof Johansson
Post by David Kotschessa
[...]
Unfortunateley, I cannot at this moment. I found it in my local library
and by the ragged look of these two pages it looks like it's been there
since 1968. It consists of the melody line (not note for note alike the
concierto, of course) plus bass notes and some chord tones thrown in at
good places, plus written chords above the staff, which could make it a
nice duet with another chordal instrument. Luckily, it isn't nowhere
near as hard as Remi Boucher's version on his video. I'll try to track
down a copy of this, stay tuned.
Olof
Evan Pyle
2004-08-13 13:40:35 UTC
I have the piano reduction of the whole concerto, but darned if I can find
the publisher. Looks like the reduction was done by Rodrigo himself with the
guitar fingering done by Renata Tarrago.

It's marked "Madrid", and inside it says "Deposito Legal: M. 18959-1975"

Good luck.
Visually.
David Raleigh Arnold
2004-07-29 22:42:58 UTC
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
There appear to be several piano/guitar arrangements. Piano/x
arrangements are pretty usual for concertos. What I would like
to see is guitar/guitar arrangements of guitar concertos. I
don't understand the logic of not doing these, from the publisher's
POV. daveA
--
Paying more at the gas pump? Bush's Oil Sheikh Buddies, who support Al
Qaeda, Palestinian terrorists, & hate-U.S. school systems everywhere,
D. Raleigh Arnold dra@ (http://www.) openguitar.com ***@cox.net
Greg M. Silverman
2004-07-29 23:07:12 UTC
Post by David Raleigh Arnold
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
There appear to be several piano/guitar arrangements. Piano/x
arrangements are pretty usual for concertos. What I would like
to see is guitar/guitar arrangements of guitar concertos. I
don't understand the logic of not doing these, from the publisher's
POV. daveA
I heard a guitar/guitar arrangement of this on Performance Today a while
back. It was really nice. I have no idea if it's published ir what?

gms--
Thomas Martin
2004-08-11 16:53:06 UTC
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
There appear to be several piano/guitar arrangements. Piano/x
arrangements are pretty usual for concertos. What I would like
to see is guitar/guitar arrangements of guitar concertos. I
don't understand the logic of not doing these, from the publisher's
POV. daveA
I heard a guitar/guitar arrangement of this on Performance Today a while
back. It was really nice. I have no idea if it's published ir what?
gms--
There seems to be someone who plays it on one guitar: Remi Bouchet!!!
Havn´t heard it. A friend told me he heard him live and was thrilled!
Probably not my "cup of tea"!
Th. M.
Aryeh Eller
2004-08-11 19:53:43 UTC
Post by Thomas Martin
There seems to be someone who plays it on one guitar: Remi Bouchet!!!
HavnŽt heard it. A friend told me he heard him live and was thrilled!
Probably not my "cup of tea"!
You can listen to Remi's solo version right here:

http://www.remiboucher.com/

Click on "Audio"
Doug Goncz
2004-08-11 09:56:31 UTC
(sig)
Post by David Raleigh Arnold
Paying more at the gas pump? Bush's Oil Sheikh Buddies, who support Al
Qaeda, Palestinian terrorists, & hate-U.S. school systems everywhere,
need more of your money now to arm and pay Iraqis to kill Americans.
Agreed. Every time I put my mettle to the pedal I am saving lives.

Yours,

Doug Goncz ( ftp://users.aol.com/DGoncz/incoming )
Student member SAE for one year.
I love: Dona, Jeff, Kim, Mom, Neelix, Tasha, and Teri, alphabetically.
I drive: A double-step Thunderbolt with 657% range.
Yuk
2004-07-29 23:57:59 UTC
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
The "smallest" arrangement there is must be that of Remi Boucher...
the whole concerto, arranged for nothing but one six-string guitar.
You can download an audio file of the entire concerto and a video of
the 2nd movement, performed by Boucher, at his website
http://www.remiboucher.com/ .
Doug Goncz
2004-08-12 10:27:58 UTC
Post by Yuk
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
The "smallest" arrangement there is must be that of Remi Boucher...
the whole concerto, arranged for nothing but one six-string guitar.
You can download an audio file of the entire concerto and a video of
the 2nd movement, performed by Boucher, at his website
http://www.remiboucher.com/ .
Nice video of the whole conecerto, it seems, when I veiwed that page.

I'd like to hear Yes back up who is it, Steve Howe?, playing this.

Doug
thomas
2004-07-30 03:56:32 UTC
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
There's a guy who does the whole thing on solo guitar,
with clips online. I can't remember his name, but
google in this ng and you'll find him.
a***@gmail.com
2014-04-29 23:23:24 UTC
yo tambien busco una reduccion para cuarteto acompañando a la guitarra....si sabeis de algo...
John Nguyen
2014-04-29 23:46:55 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
yo tambien busco una reduccion para cuarteto acompañando a la guitarra....si sabeis de algo...
Although not with the accompanying quartet, the Schott Edition, distributed by Hal Leonard, has the piano/guitar version. The guitar fingering was done by Angel Romero. I think I got it from Amazon.

John
a***@me.com
2020-07-02 15:51:43 UTC
I've heard from a guitar soloist that there is a version for guitar plus 13 in the orchestra. Haven't found it yet myself, though
Thomas Scharkowski
2020-07-02 20:42:09 UTC
Post by David Kotschessa
Just fantasizing here, but is there an arrangement of Concierto de
Aranjuez perhaps for a very small ensemble of instruments, or maybe a
piano/guitar arrangement?
Quite old thread!
If it's still of interest:

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/Concierto-Aranjuez-Joaqu%C3%ADn-Rodrigo/dp/B0029U2PKW/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=28WRIE6TS4CKG&dchild=1&keywords=concierto+de+aranjuez+sheet+music&qid=1593722418&sprefix=Conceierto+de+A%2Caps%2C222&sr=8-1