Agustin Barrios International Guitar Competition - 1st Round
Cristiano Porqueddu
2005-11-16 17:08:50 UTC
The list of the competitors of Agustin Barrios International Guitar
Competition 2005 is onLine.
Follow this link:
http://www.barrioscompetition.com/Inglese/mainInglese.htm
and click on "1st Round" link

Thank your for your attention.

CP

Cristiano Porqueddu
Classical Guitarist
www.cristianoporqueddu.com
Mark & Steven Bornfeld
2005-11-16 17:29:09 UTC
Post by Cristiano Porqueddu
The list of the competitors of Agustin Barrios International Guitar
Competition 2005 is onLine.
http://www.barrioscompetition.com/Inglese/mainInglese.htm
and click on "1st Round" link
Thank your for your attention.
CP
Cristiano Porqueddu
Classical Guitarist
www.cristianoporqueddu.com
I notice the New Jersey entrant is listed separately from the US
entrant. I knew Joisey would secede sooner or later.

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
John Nguyen
2005-11-16 18:04:06 UTC
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld
Post by Cristiano Porqueddu
The list of the competitors of Agustin Barrios International Guitar
Competition 2005 is onLine.
http://www.barrioscompetition.com/Inglese/mainInglese.htm
and click on "1st Round" link
Thank your for your attention.
CP
Cristiano Porqueddu
Classical Guitarist
www.cristianoporqueddu.com
I notice the New Jersey entrant is listed separately from the US
entrant. I knew Joisey would secede sooner or later.
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
Oh my god! Do I need a visa to go through Holland tunnel now?

John
Mark & Steven Bornfeld
2005-11-16 21:16:06 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld
Post by Cristiano Porqueddu
The list of the competitors of Agustin Barrios International Guitar
Competition 2005 is onLine.
http://www.barrioscompetition.com/Inglese/mainInglese.htm
and click on "1st Round" link
Thank your for your attention.
CP
Cristiano Porqueddu
Classical Guitarist
www.cristianoporqueddu.com
I notice the New Jersey entrant is listed separately from the US
entrant. I knew Joisey would secede sooner or later.
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
Oh my god! Do I need a visa to go through Holland tunnel now?
John
Are you the guy I saw cutting through those gas stations to get to the
toll booths?

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
John Nguyen
2005-11-16 21:23:44 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
[...]
Only one time, though. And I blamed it on my weak bladder.
When you gotta go, you gotta go.

John
William Jennings
2005-11-16 23:31:49 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld
Are you the guy I saw cutting through those gas stations to get to the
toll booths?
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
Only one time, though. And I blamed it on my weak bladder.
When you gotta go, you gotta go.
John<
That exactly what your neighbors in Essex country say according to Tony
Soprano.

Che' de
John Nguyen
2005-11-17 00:45:47 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld
toll booths?
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
Only one time, though. And I blamed it on my weak bladder.
When you gotta go, you gotta go.
John<
That exactly what your neighbors in Essex country say according to Tony
Soprano.
Che' de
Hey! They stole my line, and I didn't mean it in a bad way, ya know!
First they took the vietnamese "Cha`o" (hello) for their "Ciao" and now
this!
But you gotta do what you gotta do!

Skinny Johnny
William Jennings
2005-11-17 02:21:56 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
Post by John Nguyen
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld
toll booths?
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
Only one time, though. And I blamed it on my weak bladder.
When you gotta go, you gotta go.
John<
That exactly what your neighbors in Essex country say according to Tony
Soprano.
Che' de
Hey! They stole my line, and I didn't mean it in a bad way, ya know!
First they took the vietnamese "Cha`o" (hello) for their "Ciao" and now
this!
But you gotta do what you gotta do!
Skinny Johnny <
Damn, I just snapped you're Vietnamese! I was in Thai Nguyen province
once in the north mountians near Ha Noi. I kept seeing the name but
didn't figure it out because you never got in those old Pho and fish
sauce threads. Tonight in south Texas my last vietnamese herbs will
freeze. Hombre, I had Queen of Siam basil, sawtooth and lemon grass
plants that lasted all summer.

Btw, Vietnamese food tops Mexican and Texican, imo. There is no better
bread than those light, crispy Vietnamese baguettes. You could even
serve them with Chili!

I understand. It's hard you understand, when you're a half-Jewish, Capo
di tutti capi tropical guitarist cowboy living with a Mafioso Bitch who
really understands you in Texas. Her family in Italy never misses The
Soprano's. They say why couldn't I have been more like Tony. We all
have our little crosses to bear.

Che' de Guy
John Nguyen
2005-11-17 03:29:16 UTC
Post by William Jennings
Damn, I just snapped you're Vietnamese! I was in Thai Nguyen province
once in the north mountians near Ha Noi.
Man, that's a tough place to be in before '75. I'm glad you came out in
one piece. I've heard stories about those Green Berrets jumping in that
area back then when I was in service.
Post by William Jennings
Tonight in south Texas my last vietnamese herbs will
freeze. Hombre, I had Queen of Siam basil, sawtooth and lemon grass
plants that lasted all summer.
I envy you, hombre. Here in NJ, the only thing I could grow was a lousy
bush of sky-pointing pepper in the summer. But they're real good, mind
you.
Post by William Jennings
Btw, Vietnamese food tops Mexican and Texican, imo. There is no better
bread than those light, crispy Vietnamese baguettes. You could even
serve them with Chili!
Vietnamese baguettes are the best to go with chili! Just take a piece
of it to scoop up a junk of chili. Oh man, I'm drooling just to talk
about it! Lots of good vietnamese restaurants down in TX I heard.
Post by William Jennings
I understand. It's hard you understand, when you're a half-Jewish, Capo
di tutti capi tropical guitarist cowboy living with a Mafioso Bitch who
really understands you in Texas.
-----------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^-----------------

You're a blessed man!
Post by William Jennings
Che' de Guy
Cheers,

John
William Jennings
2005-11-17 21:55:16 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
Post by William Jennings
Damn, I just snapped you're Vietnamese! I was in Thai Nguyen province
once in the north mountians near Ha Noi.
Man, that's a tough place to be in before '75. I'm glad you came out in
one piece. I've heard stories about those Green Berrets jumping in that
area back then when I was in service.<
We were with the Montagnards in primeval forests on the Sino-Vietnamese
border near Sapa along the Muong Hoa river.
Absolute insanity at it's best! Nothing in my entire life impacted me
more than those monks who poured gasoline over themselves and struck a
match. They sat there calmly, in the middle of a busy intersection,
without wincing or the slightest distraction....melting! It was while I
was there I decided I was going to study the guitar the rest of my life.
That culture made a profound impact on me .... beyond words!
Post by John Nguyen
Post by William Jennings
Tonight in south Texas my last vietnamese herbs will
freeze. Hombre, I had Queen of Siam basil, sawtooth and lemon grass
plants that lasted all summer.
I envy you, hombre. Here in NJ, the only thing I could grow was a lousy
bush of sky-pointing pepper in the summer. But they're real good, mind
you.<
I know.... at one time I had an apartment on the 7th. floor of a
downtown highrise. I had two potted chile plants I kept in the window
ledge. I'll bet you have access to some great Vietnamese markets that
have crates of live crabs, turtles, eels, lobsters, all kinds of fish,
fresh herbs, sugar cane, coconuts, bean sprouts, you name it on Fridays!

I grew so much sawtooth ( Culantro)
http://newcrop.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/proceedings1999/v4-506.html at
one time that I took it to friends that own a market in San Antonio. It
was very hard for them to stock. It grows like a weed in a little damp
shade on the coast. I love the stuff.
Post by John Nguyen
Post by William Jennings
Btw, Vietnamese food tops Mexican and Texican, imo. There is no better
bread than those light, crispy Vietnamese baguettes. You could even
serve them with Chili!
Vietnamese baguettes are the best to go with chili! Just take a piece
of it to scoop up a junk of chili. Oh man, I'm drooling just to talk
about it! Lots of good vietnamese restaurants down in TX I heard.<
http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/VV/pjv1.html

Btw, many here will not know the Vietnamese have their own "Chili" you
call it " Bo Hue". If you add the hot chili's....hey that's great chili
which does go great with a fresh, warm, Vietnamese baguette.

Yes, we do have some large Vietnamese areas in the large cities in
Texas. Houston and Dallas have huge Vietnamese shopping centers and you
can find everything you need. Houston has the little shops that will
specialize in one or two items like fresh rice noodles and all kinds of
freshly made tofu. We take ice chest to Houston so we can bring stuff
back home.

John, if your name on the NG was Bac or Dat I would have known you were
Vietnamese in an instant.... the John threw me.

We had a Dallas Cowboy player named Nguyen
http://www.texnews.com/texsports97/dat101097.html

He has a great littleVietnamese restaurant in Rockport, Texas called
"Hu-Dat's". They serve Vietnamese, Chinese and now some Cajun. Once I
get on Texas 35 ( about four mile through the live oaks and mashlands) I
turn left and drive about 35 miles ( at 80mph) bear to the left coming
in Rockport, Texas and stay on the water front road about two miles, you
turn left and park right there for great food. It's right next door to
a marine hardware store for commerical shrimp boats which are tied up
all along the water-front. Since there's very little traffic and we can
drive fast on the highway it's no different than going out in any major
city to eat. It's the sort of place you can eat in a nice suit or after
a long day in the boat fishing... nobody gives a damn and except for the
many Vietnamese kids in and out of the place it's mostly Texicans and a
few Snow Birds from artic Canada ( and Kansas).
http://jelly.com/totp/history.htm
Post by John Nguyen
Post by William Jennings
I understand. It's hard you understand, when you're a half-Jewish, Capo
di tutti capi tropical guitarist cowboy living with a Mafioso Bitch who
really understands you in Texas.
-----------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^-----------------
You're a blessed man!<
Yes, it's proof of living the good life! I even have a real,
full-blooded, Vietnamese nephew who recently got his master's in music!
With his Fu Manchu mustache, wierd beard, and tropical sartorial hued
clothes he even looks like what some call a savage Montagnard.

Do not be mislead by those who would put Bambi in chili to eat with
cornbread. This is the path of the wicked who hunt deer in the parks at
dawn, with cluster bombs. They are no different than those who would
hunt other Dear's at lunch time in the
library with a baseball bat.

Che' de Saint
Post by John Nguyen
Post by William Jennings
Che' de Guy
Cheers,
2005-11-18 04:02:20 UTC
Post by William Jennings
We were with the Montagnards in primeval forests on the Sino-Vietnamese
border near Sapa along the Muong Hoa river.
Absolute insanity at it's best!
You guys got balls to jump into that hell hole! I'm sure you lived on
your second life after that. So enjoy it to the fullest, man! BTW, the
music in that region is very nice, mostly percusive in five-tone
system, but can carry a very credible, smooth melody. There is a
vietnamese guitarist living in Canada who transcribed some of that
music to guitar, nicely done. His name is Nguyen The An, a student of
Stefan Rak. I have his web link somewhere, will post it when I find it.
Post by William Jennings
Nothing in my entire life impacted me
more than those monks who poured gasoline over themselves and struck a
match. They sat there calmly, in the middle of a busy intersection,
without wincing or the slightest distraction....melting! It was while I
was there I decided I was going to study the guitar the rest of my life.
That culture made a profound impact on me .... beyond words!
I was in middle school at the time, a little too young to understand
the broader implication, but I did sense something major was amidst.
Post by William Jennings
I know.... at one time I had an apartment on the 7th. floor of a
downtown highrise. I had two potted chile plants I kept in the window
ledge. I'll bet you have access to some great Vietnamese markets that
have crates of live crabs, turtles, eels, lobsters, all kinds of fish,
fresh herbs, sugar cane, coconuts, bean sprouts, you name it on Fridays!
I had to go to Philadelphia for that, half an hour drive, not bad at
all. NJ is a strange place, you know, it's either considered
Philadelphia's suburb in the south, or NY suburb in the north. Don't
have much thing to talk about, except a bunch of politicians in jail,
and the rest is not yet indicted. Oh, we have a gay governor. I think
that's a first! Fellow New Jerseyan guitarists please help me here.
Kidding aside, NJ has a good school system and abundance of excellent
piano teachers.
Post by William Jennings
I grew so much sawtooth ( Culantro)
http://newcrop.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/proceedings1999/v4-506.html at
one time that I took it to friends that own a market in San Antonio. It
was very hard for them to stock. It grows like a weed in a little damp
shade on the coast. I love the stuff.
You just cannot have "Bo Hue" without culantro! I'm sure you had sour
tamarind fish soup too, right? And culantro is a must! with Pho, too!
Post by William Jennings
John, if your name on the NG was Bac or Dat I would have known you were
Vietnamese in an instant.... the John threw me.
My american friends and acquaintances just had a hard time pronouncing
my name, so I took the easy way out and called myself John instead!
Post by William Jennings
We had a Dallas Cowboy player named Nguyen
http://www.texnews.com/texsports97/dat101097.html
Our first reaction was "Is he nuts? They gonna crush his bone to pieces
in that silly game." But I guess he's doing OK.
Post by William Jennings
Yes, it's proof of living the good life! I even have a real,
full-blooded, Vietnamese nephew who recently got his master's in music!
With his Fu Manchu mustache, wierd beard, and tropical sartorial hued
clothes he even looks like what some call a savage Montagnard.
Che' de Saint
Getting out of Thai Nguyen in one piece, you deserve a good life, man!
I'll buy you a beer if I see you in person. Please say hi to your
nephew for me.
Cheers,

John

Cristiano Porqueddu
2005-11-16 18:35:44 UTC
I notice the New Jersey entrant is listed separately from the US entrant.
"State" column is correct, now.

Thank you.

CP
Mark & Steven Bornfeld
2005-11-16 21:17:42 UTC
Post by Cristiano Porqueddu
I notice the New Jersey entrant is listed separately from the US entrant.
"State" column is correct, now.
Thank you.
CP
I wasn't being critical of you. New Yorkers just like to poke fun at
the Jersey side.

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY