Mario Santiago Diaz: Naranjo En Flor
JPD
2019-07-15 06:36:39 UTC
Recorded a few years ago. Audio was recorded with a Roland R-26 field recorder. This was my first time trying the R-26, so my old Roland R-09 was also on the mic stand for backup, just in case.

Bert Alink
2019-07-15 07:03:04 UTC
Post by JPD
Recorded a few years ago. Audio was recorded with a Roland R-26 field recorder. This was my first time trying the R-26, so my old Roland R-09 was also on the mic stand for backup, just in case.
http://youtu.be/np1c2cN-0M8
Started the video before I saw this post. Didn't expect him to start singing (and hoped to hear a guitar only arrangement). Seems to be difficult, accompanying yourself with such a guitar part. Well, he obviously has the chops and the voice for it.

I also like this version, with voice and electric bass:

JPD
2019-07-15 08:11:25 UTC
I also like this version, with voice and electric bass: http://youtu.be/JNKnWEHdcH0
Surprised the heck out of me, too, when he started singing! I thought all he did was play CG.
Steverino
2019-07-16 02:21:29 UTC
Post by JPD
Post by Bert Alink
Post by JPD
Recorded a few years ago. Audio was recorded with a Roland R-26 field recorder. This was my first time trying the R-26, so my old Roland R-09 was also on the mic stand for backup, just in case.
http://youtu.be/np1c2cN-0M8
Started the video before I saw this post. Didn't expect him to start singing (and hoped to hear a guitar only arrangement). Seems to be difficult, accompanying yourself with such a guitar part. Well, he obviously has the chops and the voice for it.
I also like this version, with voice and electric bass: http://youtu.be/JNKnWEHdcH0
Surprised the heck out of me, too, when he started singing! I thought all he did was play CG.
I'm pleased to see this topic. A couple years ago I was at Mario's home showing him guitars. He sang then and his singing surprised me too. He is an excellent guitar player. There are few guitar players that can sing and play with panache and skill.