STring recommendations
Bernie Cosell
2020-07-07 13:51:04 UTC
Over the years I've oscillated between Augustine Imperials and D'Addario
Pro Arte strings. Do y'all have any preference between those [or have
other recommendations?] These for a Ramirez 1a. Thanks

/Bernie\
--
Bernie Cosell Fantasy Farm Fibers
***@fantasyfarm.com Pearisburg, VA
--> Too many people, too few sheep <--
John Nguyen
2020-07-07 16:35:34 UTC
I was in the same situation a few years back, oscillating between the Augustine Red Imperial and the D'Addario EXP normal tension. In my experience, the Agustin has a sweeter sound in the trebles and very quickly worn out with scratchy sound within 2-3 weeks, probably because the hardness of my fingernails. The D'Addario EXP last forever but did not give the preferred feel to my fingers, and the sound wasn't as sweet on my guitar. I bit the bullet and changed the Augustine treble strings every 2 weeks. The bass strings last a long time, and I only changed them every 2 months. This is not an endorsement for Augustine, but it just fits better on my guitar. Yours may be different.
Cheers!