Barrios Competition 2005 - Semifinal
Cristiano Porqueddu
2005-11-18 19:28:35 UTC
Is onLine the list of competitors passed in semifinal in the Agustin Barrios
International Guitar Competition 2005.

Direct Link:
http://www.barrioscompetition.com/Italiano/2005/2005Semifinale.htm

Thank you for your attention.

CP
John Nguyen

John
Scott Daughtrey
2005-11-19 03:25:57 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
Post by Cristiano Porqueddu
Is onLine the list of competitors passed in semifinal in the Agustin Barrios
International Guitar Competition 2005.
http://www.barrioscompetition.com/Italiano/2005/2005Semifinale.htm
Thank you for your attention.
CP
Yeah! Go USA!
USA? LOL!!

That's really funny, John. Who in the semi-finals is from the USA?

(Hint: No one)

Scott
Steven Bornfeld

Steve
Scott Daughtrey
2005-11-19 04:41:21 UTC
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 03:45:42 GMT, Steven Bornfeld
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by Scott Daughtrey
USA? LOL!!
That's really funny, John. Who in the semi-finals is from the USA?
(Hint: No one)
Scott
Aaron Brock?
Steve
Are you sure Aaron is from the USA?

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=U1SEC796772

Scott
John Nguyen
2005-11-19 05:36:38 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by Scott Daughtrey
USA? LOL!!
That's really funny, John. Who in the semi-finals is from the USA?
(Hint: No one)
Scott
Aaron Brock?
Steve
Are you sure Aaron is from the USA?
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=U1SEC796772
Scott
Scott,

According to the latest information from Barrios Competition 2005,
Aaron Brock was registered as USA. I have proof for this!

Sorry, your info is old!

Cheers,

John from USA.
Scott Daughtrey
2005-11-19 05:50:10 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by Scott Daughtrey
USA? LOL!!
That's really funny, John. Who in the semi-finals is from the USA?
(Hint: No one)
Scott
Aaron Brock?
Steve
Are you sure Aaron is from the USA?
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=U1SEC796772
Scott
Scott,
According to the latest information from Barrios Competition 2005,
Aaron Brock was registered as USA. I have proof for this!
Sorry, your info is old!
Cheers,
John from USA.
Really? You have proof that Aaron Brock is a citizen of the United States and
is no longer a Canadian citizen? Prove it...

Scitt
John Nguyen
2005-11-19 14:15:42 UTC
Post by Scott Daughtrey
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by Scott Daughtrey
USA? LOL!!
That's really funny, John. Who in the semi-finals is from the USA?
(Hint: No one)
Scott
Aaron Brock?
Steve
Are you sure Aaron is from the USA?
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=U1SEC796772
Scott
Scott,
According to the latest information from Barrios Competition 2005,
Aaron Brock was registered as USA. I have proof for this!
Sorry, your info is old!
Cheers,
John from USA.
Really? You have proof that Aaron Brock is a citizen of the United States and
is no longer a Canadian citizen? Prove it...
Scitt
The ball is in your court, mon ani. I showed you the latest info that
says he represents USA. but I suggest we don't make a big deal out of
it, risking him to disqualification from submitting wrong info. I
promise to let you cheer him if he wins, fair? Let's not trigger
another congestional investigation on who leaks the identity of Aaron
Brock!
Cheers,

John from USA
Isaac bustos
2005-11-19 16:38:08 UTC
Hi John,
My friend Aaron is from Canada. He teaches at the Royal Conservatory
and is a fantastic guitarist. He attended school in the US and his wife
is from the US but as far as I know he is canadian. I doubt that the
country he represents matters in the competition anyway. He is a great
guy so let's cheer for him either way!

Isaac.
John Nguyen
2005-11-19 16:52:47 UTC
Post by Isaac bustos
Hi John,
My friend Aaron is from Canada. He teaches at the Royal Conservatory
and is a fantastic guitarist. He attended school in the US and his wife
is from the US but as far as I know he is canadian. I doubt that the
country he represents matters in the competition anyway. He is a great
guy so let's cheer for him either way!
Isaac.
Isaac,

I was trying to pull Scott's leg! I'll cheer for Aaron regardless. I
didn't say he's not Canadian. I just said he represented USA in the
competition, and that's good enough for me to cheer him.
Cheers,

John
Matanya Ophee
2005-11-19 17:02:33 UTC
Post by John Nguyen
I was trying to pull Scott's leg! I'll cheer for Aaron regardless. I
didn't say he's not Canadian. I just said he represented USA in the
competition, and that's good enough for me to cheer him.
You misunderstand the dynamics of of European competition organizers.
Most of them can tell the difference between Canada and the US, but
some of their flunkies, the guys who actually type the information,
may be georgraphically challenged. Happened before.

Aaron Brock, mainly, was representing himself.

Matanya Ophee
Editions Orphe'e, Inc.,
1240 Clubview Blvd. N.
Columbus, OH 43235-1226
614-846-9517
fax: 614-846-9794
http://www.orphee.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/matanya/
Larry Deack
2005-11-19 17:53:18 UTC
Post by Matanya Ophee
You misunderstand the dynamics of of European competition organizers.
Most of them can tell the difference between Canada and the US, but
some of their flunkies, the guys who actually type the information,
may be georgraphically challenged. Happened before.
You mean Canada-A is not a province of the US of A?
Now that's a unique idea for an artist :-)
Matanya Ophee
2005-11-19 19:29:26 UTC
Post by Larry Deack
You mean Canada-A is not a province of the US of A?
It doesn't seem that way when you try to cross the border into Canada
with a trunkfull of guitar music. These guys, Canadian Customs agents,
are very particular on pretending that Canada is a foreign
country...:-)

John Nguyen
2005-11-19 18:35:43 UTC
Post by Matanya Ophee
Post by John Nguyen
I was trying to pull Scott's leg! I'll cheer for Aaron regardless. I
didn't say he's not Canadian. I just said he represented USA in the
competition, and that's good enough for me to cheer him.
You misunderstand the dynamics of of European competition organizers.
Most of them can tell the difference between Canada and the US, but
some of their flunkies, the guys who actually type the information,
may be georgraphically challenged. Happened before.
That's not surprising. Some folks here couldn't tell the difference
between Croatia and Uganda.
Post by Matanya Ophee
Aaron Brock, mainly, was representing himself.
I'm disappointed. You mean they don't have flag rising and national
anthems for the winners?

I used to get very upset at a vietnamese chap who won the Chopin piano
competition some years back because he represented USSR in the
competition. It turned out he studied in Moscow conservatory and signed
on as USSR. I know better now, I hope.
Cheers,

John
William Jennings
2005-11-19 20:48:21 UTC
I was trying to pull Scott's leg! <
You don't understand some of the dynamic's at work here. I pulled both
of Scott's legs off some time ago. You were grasping at stubs and that
pissed him off. :-)

Che'
John Nguyen
2005-11-19 21:08:59 UTC
Post by William Jennings
I was trying to pull Scott's leg! <
You don't understand some of the dynamic's at work here. I pulled both
of Scott's legs off some time ago. You were grasping at stubs and that
pissed him off. :-)
Che'
OHhh! I'll remember to pull the LONG one next time!
Cheers,

John
Mark & Steven Bornfeld
2005-11-19 19:05:07 UTC
Post by Isaac bustos
Hi John,
My friend Aaron is from Canada. He teaches at the Royal Conservatory
and is a fantastic guitarist. He attended school in the US and his wife
is from the US but as far as I know he is canadian. I doubt that the
country he represents matters in the competition anyway. He is a great
guy so let's cheer for him either way!
Isaac.
Thanks for clearing that up.
As long as he isn't from New Jersey.

Steve (;-))
--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
718-258-5001
John Nguyen
2005-11-19 19:09:45 UTC
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld
Post by Isaac bustos
Hi John,
My friend Aaron is from Canada. He teaches at the Royal Conservatory
and is a fantastic guitarist. He attended school in the US and his wife
is from the US but as far as I know he is canadian. I doubt that the
country he represents matters in the competition anyway. He is a great
guy so let's cheer for him either way!
Isaac.
Thanks for clearing that up.
As long as he isn't from New Jersey.
Steve (;-))
Ouch! But that's a cheap shot, man!

John from the toll booth side of Holland Tunnel.
Mark & Steven Bornfeld
2005-11-19 19:27:48 UTC
Post by Isaac bustos
Hi John,
My friend Aaron is from Canada. He teaches at the Royal Conservatory
and is a fantastic guitarist. He attended school in the US and his wife
is from the US but as far as I know he is canadian. I doubt that the
country he represents matters in the competition anyway. He is a great
guy so let's cheer for him either way!
Isaac.
Thanks for clearing that up.
As long as he isn't from New Jersey.
Steve (;-))
Ouch! But that's a cheap shot, man!
John from the toll booth side of Holland Tunnel.
John--

Do you remember the old Saturday Night Live bit by Joe Piscopo where he
plays a chemical worker in Piscataway? I think the mayor made a public
protest.

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
Mark & Steven Bornfeld
2005-11-19 19:33:17 UTC
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld
Do you remember the old Saturday Night Live bit by Joe Piscopo where
he plays a chemical worker in Piscataway? I think the mayor made a
public protest.
Steve
Oh, and of course Dave Van Ronk's "Garden State Stomp"

http://www.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hurl.exe?clipid=020043101100006900&cid=600111

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
John Nguyen
2005-11-20 21:23:18 UTC
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld
Post by Mark & Steven Bornfeld
Do you remember the old Saturday Night Live bit by Joe Piscopo where
he plays a chemical worker in Piscataway? I think the mayor made a
public protest.
Steve
Oh, and of course Dave Van Ronk's "Garden State Stomp"
http://www.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hurl.exe?clipid=020043101100006900&cid=600111
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Brooklyn, NY
718-258-5001
I like Rahway the best, with a touch of growling RRRRAHH-way, oh so
rugged and satisfying, hah!

2005-11-19 19:45:03 UTC
Post by Isaac bustos
[...]
Rest asure I can laugh! Hey, I work in Piscataway too, not as a
chemical worker though. But when people asked me where I worked, I just
said " close to New York City."
Cheers,