End of Yahoo Groups
tom g
2019-10-28 23:39:06 UTC
There was a Yahoo classical guitar group with more than 700 members but no one wanted to contribute any more. All content will be deleted on December 14.

Google Groups next?

tom g
Gerry
2019-10-29 06:07:59 UTC
Post by tom g
There was a Yahoo classical guitar group with more than 700 members but
no one wanted to contribute any more. All content will be deleted on
December 14.
Google Groups next?
You think a system to monitor usenet is a big financial and
organization headache for Google?

Usenet isn't "next", it is "past history". Many groups I use to
frequent are dead by which mean zero posts in a given quarter. csms is
hardly a bookmark in comparison to what it was like 12 years ago.

And yet, here it is, pulling me out of the fire month after month:

"I got nowhere else to go!" - Richard Gere, An Officer and a Gentleman