Mega talent
tom g
2020-02-18 10:40:14 UTC
Listen to the beautiful polifonic jazz of the young French guitarist Antoine Boyer:

https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz

And some of the other amazing stuff he does:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Antoine+Boyer
Wollybird
2020-02-18 12:13:09 UTC
Post by tom g
https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Antoine+Boyer
Yes, he's good.I found his site about 6 months ago
John Nguyen
2020-02-18 15:05:02 UTC
Post by tom g
https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Antoine+Boyer
The guy has chops, and his musicality is simply mesmerizing!!!!!
Bert Alink
2020-02-18 15:43:32 UTC
Post by tom g
https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Antoine+Boyer
Thanks. That's some nice playing.
Steven Bornfeld
2020-02-18 15:58:40 UTC
Post by tom g
https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Antoine+Boyer
While we're on the subject of amazing young talent:

Steve
Bert Alink
2020-02-18 17:23:26 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by tom g
https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Antoine+Boyer
http://youtu.be/FyoXuQ9812U
Steve
Amazing left hand. He has great speed, but I'm not moved. I compared their Somewhere over the Rainbow and like Antoine Boyer's a lot more.
Steven Bornfeld
2020-02-18 17:44:08 UTC
Post by Bert Alink
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by tom g
https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Antoine+Boyer
http://youtu.be/FyoXuQ9812U
Steve
Amazing left hand. He has great speed, but I'm not moved. I compared their Somewhere over the Rainbow and like Antoine Boyer's a lot more.
I don't disagree. Grasso sounds sometimes like he's trying to be Joe
Pass on steroids. He's great in a small combo setting.
Boyer certainly has some great harmonic ideas.
My old fave in this kind of bag is Tuck Andress.

Wollybird
2020-02-19 01:15:12 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz
I'd be good too, if my fingers were 10 inches long
Steven Bornfeld
2020-02-19 15:30:00 UTC
Post by Wollybird
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by tom g
https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Antoine+Boyer
http://youtu.be/FyoXuQ9812U
Steve
I'd be good too, if my fingers were 10 inches long
I once met Tal Farlow and shook his hand, and his fingers wrapped
halfway up my forearm.
Wollybird
2020-02-19 19:57:31 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by Wollybird
Post by Steven Bornfeld
https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz
Wayne Embry was a client of mine a long time ago. I felt like 3 year old kid shaking hands with him.
Steven Bornfeld
2020-02-19 21:11:21 UTC
Post by Wollybird
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by Wollybird
Post by Steven Bornfeld
https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz
I have no idea if Farlow played basketball.
Curmudgeon
2020-03-01 18:01:17 UTC
Post by tom g
https://tinyurl.com/tncc3dz
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Antoine+Boyer30
As an intermediate player of many years experience, I was working with a teacher a few years ago who observed "You play very well for somebody with such small hands." It was an epiphany for me - no previous teacher in 50 years had ever said anything about my hand size. I was playing guitars that were too big for me. I got a 630 scale instrument recently, but now age and arthritis have taken their toll. The 630 is noticeably easier to manage, but alas I still can't play worth a hoot.