Christmas Duets
a***@yahoo.com
2019-10-07 11:08:45 UTC
For those who are exasperated whenever Christmas is mentioned in early October, I apologize. But this is the time of year when musicians start working up their holiday repertoire. So for you, here’s a timely reminder.

Over the last 25 years, I’ve arranged many Christmas carols for guitar duet. (Some of them work well for flute and guitar.) All 28 of these carol duets are freely available on my website:

http://www.pooretom.com/sheetmusic.html

You can search through them individually—I’ve included sound samples for each one. Or you can download the whole 87 page collection:

http://www.pooretom.com/ewExternalFiles/Xmas%20Package.pdf

In my experience, most carol arrangements for two guitars are geared toward players of modest accomplishment. My arrangements are aimed at those who want something a bit more challenging. Many of my arrangements are tailored for teacher and student, the second part more difficult than the first. Others are more equally balanced between the two parts. I’ve tried to make all of them worthy of your time, yet still accessible with a reasonable amount of practice.

Enjoy.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA
Thomas Scharkowski
2019-10-07 14:59:50 UTC
Hi Tom, nice collection!

I have a question regarding "O Tannenbaum".
Where do you have the information from that the music is by Melchior Franck?
This appears rather unlikely to me.

Thomas
a***@yahoo.com
2019-10-08 02:14:52 UTC
Post by Thomas Scharkowski
I have a question regarding "O Tannenbaum".
Where do you have the information from that the music is by Melchior Franck?
This appears rather unlikely to me.
In such matters, my research efforts seldom go further than Wikipedia. So if anyone has better info, I’ll be interested in seeing it.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA
Matt Faunce
2019-10-08 02:47:01 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Thomas Scharkowski
I have a question regarding "O Tannenbaum".
Where do you have the information from that the music is by Melchior Franck?
This appears rather unlikely to me.
In such matters, my research efforts seldom go further than Wikipedia. So
if anyone has better info, I’ll be interested in seeing it.
Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA
I put The Christmas Real Book on my music stand a few days ago. It was
published by Hal Leonard in 2008. On the page for O Christmas Tree, where
they give the credit for composer and lyricist, they wrote "–Traditional
German Carol".