Ashokan Farewell
h***@gmail.com
2020-03-17 14:56:08 UTC
https://www.facebook.com/john.hall.984349/videos/2854160994650513/

John
tom g
2020-03-17 16:22:50 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/john.hall.984349/videos/2854160994650513/
John
Nice arrangement! Jay Ungar must have tuned into the Infinite when he composed a Scottish lament that sounds so authentic.
h***@gmail.com
2020-03-17 17:04:37 UTC
I agree!
Andrew Schulman
2020-03-19 19:46:48 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by tom g
Post by h***@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/john.hall.984349/videos/2854160994650513/
John
Nice arrangement! Jay Ungar must have tuned into the Infinite when he composed a Scottish lament that sounds so authentic.
I agree!
I had arranged Ashokan Farewell for my Abaca String Band and because of a mutual friend got to have a conversation about it with Jay Ungar shortly after it was published for violin and piano. He told me he wrote it in one take on the day everyone left his summer music camp in Ashokan,NY. He was feeling melancholy and the music just went right through him into his violin. Wonderful piece of music.

Andrew
h***@gmail.com
2020-03-19 20:00:02 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by tom g
Post by h***@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/john.hall.984349/videos/2854160994650513/
John
Nice arrangement! Jay Ungar must have tuned into the Infinite when he composed a Scottish lament that sounds so authentic.
I agree!
I had arranged Ashokan Farewell for my Abaca String Band and because of a mutual friend got to have a conversation about it with Jay Ungar shortly after it was published for violin and piano. He told me he wrote it in one take on the day everyone left his summer music camp in Ashokan,NY. He was feeling melancholy and the music just went right through him into his violin. Wonderful piece of music.
Andrew
Absolutely Andrew! Let me know if he has any objections to this post and I will take it down immediately. Thanks.

2020-03-20 16:26:05 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Andrew Schulman
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by tom g
Post by h***@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/john.hall.984349/videos/2854160994650513/
John
Nice arrangement! Jay Ungar must have tuned into the Infinite when he composed a Scottish lament that sounds so authentic.
I agree!
I had arranged Ashokan Farewell for my Abaca String Band and because of a mutual friend got to have a conversation about it with Jay Ungar shortly after it was published for violin and piano. He told me he wrote it in one take on the day everyone left his summer music camp in Ashokan,NY. He was feeling melancholy and the music just went right through him into his violin. Wonderful piece of music.
Andrew
Absolutely Andrew! Let me know if he has any objections to this post and I will take it down immediately. Thanks.
John
My contact with him goes back twenty years, just the one phone call. As there are many, many recordings online of the Ashokan Farewell I can't imagine he'd object to your upload. Here is my arrangement for the Abaca String Band::-

Best regards,

2020-03-17 18:02:11 UTC
Nicely done.

John R.